DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,
I'm a long time reader and a almost first time poster. I have few questions to ask the experts. My current setup is a slimline, h20-700, and LG 42" plasma (720p/1080i).

I just got a new 46" Mitsubishi LCD (1080p 120Hz). So, I'm going to moving the plasma into another room and would like to get DTV new reciever for it (probably just a HD reciever).

Here are my questions:
1. The slimline has two coax's running from it into my basement. As far as I can tell, these run directly into my reciever. Is this correct? The grounding looks ok. The installer that came out last time (a few years ago) was terrible. I ended up having to hook up the DVR myself and I had to call to activate the service. All he did was install the dish.

2. If that is correct, is it possible for me to split one of the coax's and run it to a non-DVR HD reciever? If I can, one sort of splitter should I use?

3. On the DTV website, the price for a non DVR HD reciever is around $99. I haven't called yet, but do you think I can get a better price calling? I called the other day about a billing question, and they told me I was valued customer and gave me Showtime for 3 months (I asked if they had any deals for existing customers).

Thanks ahead of time.

· Icon
680 Posts
"2. If that is correct, is it possible for me to split one of the coax's and run it to a non-DVR HD reciever? If I can, one sort of splitter should I use?"

Nope, you'll need to run a third line from the dish into the house, while your at it, make it four lines total for future proofing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.