DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ten years with Dish, I'm moving to Direct (install is scheduled for Thursday). I'll be starting out with two "DVR Plus" machines (I assume these are R15s?) and exchanging one of those for an HD DVR (HR20?) as soon as they have one available.

Basic questions:

1. RF remote. I could have sworn the specs pages I saw said that both machines have it-- but I'm seeing postings here that indicate the R15 doesn't. What's the story on that?

2. OTA-- again, I thought the specs page said they had it, but messages indicate they don't. Assuming they do get it someday, do we know if the box is supposed to record OTA broadcasts, or just allow them to be viewed?

3. I have a couple of MX500's-- any known issues between these boxes and this remote?

4. What's the procedure to reset the box?

BTW, for those of you who feel like inadvertent beta testers, I feel your pain-- we went through the same thing over at Dish, first with the Dishplayer, then succeeding boxes. I'm coming here from a 501 and a 508 that still need to be reset several times a week to work properly-- and they're basically just digital VCR's, have nowhere near the sophistication of the newer boxes.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
1- It is an official feature of the HR20; Not so official on the R15. On the R15 it was just "found" this week to be working... an apparently it has been there for a while

2- R15... it will never have OTA, no support for it. HR20... support for it, tuners for it, and it is still in testing.. It has not been enabled yet... but most recent information is that it is close. When enabled, it will record OTA

3- Should be fine... if the MX500 can control any modern DirecTV receiver, it shoudl be fine with the R15's and the HR20

4- Push the Red Button or Use the Menu Option or pull the plug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.