DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just finally got a HD DVR (HR20) today after the usual D* hassles...

- First visit, the box was DOA outta the package.
- 2nd visit they showed up with a "new" box that was suspiciously opened. Hooked it up, called in to activate it, and it had been activated on someone else's account. They then admitted someone else had it, but decided right away they didn't want the DVR, and so they left w/it same visit. Either way, D* wouldn't activate it on my account.
- 3rd try's a charm, so far.

Anyhow... after a couple of hours with it, I have a few questions...

1. When I go MENU/NETWORK, there's steps to connect to the internet. Is this doable? If so, via what? (USB wireless adapter?) What's it do?

2. Is there a way to force the machine to connect and pull down more program data? It seems to only have stuff 10 days out? (at least, when I look at my "TO DO LIST" I only see stuff scheduled 10 days out, even tho I know there are programs in my "series subscriptions" within the 11-14 day period...

3. Do Series subscriptions only look for instances of that show on that channel? (vs. instances of the show across all channels)

Sure I'll have more questions in the future, but thats it for now... ;)

Appreciate the help,

Charlie

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
1. See this thread http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115 It has networking information thread in here.

2. Only 14 days are avliable in the guide. The "To Do List" updates as time goes on.

3. Series are set to the channel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.