DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
895 Posts
DirecTV plans to launch it this January, but there is no firm date, you'll be seeing games like Sudoku, Bejeweled, and all of those other famous puzzle and card games of course, and the additional cost will only be $5.99 a month.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Where did you read that there will be an additional cost. I have seen very litle on this and would like to know more. I do not think I would be interested to pay more though. Games on the TV is one thing. Having to pay for games that you can play Java versions for free for is another story.

· Icon
895 Posts
Mixer said:
Where did you read that there will be an additional cost. I have seen very litle on this and would like to know more. I do not think I would be interested to pay more though. Games on the TV is one thing. Having to pay for games that you can play Java versions for free for is another story.
http://blog.itvt.com/my_weblog/2006/10/itv_interview_e.html

At the very bottom of that interview, that's where I got all of my information. You have to realize, like Eric said, if you wanted all of the games from Dish it would cost you about $25 per month. With DirecTV, you're getting ALL of the games for $5.99. And the games I mentioned were only examples I got from DirecTV.com.

· Banned
4,253 Posts
Shanks: Sure. It will launch to certain model boxes as early as November. We will begin rolling it out to more boxes and do a full marketing launch in January. At its core DirecTV Game Lounge is a casual games service that customers can play with their remote control.

I hope they get the delay problem with the remotes on the R15 fixed first, especially in RF mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.