DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV Roof Antenna Makes Comeback
Many Digital Signals Requires Long-Obsolete Device

As the nation begins to convert to digital television, a seemingly not-so-high-tech product has re-emerged: the roof antenna. Many digital TV users who want to get a digital signal will need an antenna.

Full Story here

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I love my antenna, brings decoration to the roof :) I hate those cable promos that refer to antennas as 'old fashioned' and 'ugly'.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Besides, you don't need a roof antenna when you're Grade A for everything:) An attic antenna works quite well:)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Rabbit ears work fine for recieving just Buffalo channels for me, I'm just outside the Grade A area.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Really Steve? I'm supposedly in grade A, and nice amplified Philips rabbit ears have a lot of noise (especially on ABC, which has the lowest predicted signal, but is still grade A). In my closet they look okay on everything but ABC, and ABC looks a little better than AT&T cable, but that's not saying much (everytime I visit my grandma, I'm shocked how bad her TV signal is).

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Thats what my mom uses the Philips rabbit ears, $40 at WalMart, (got them for free from the dish installer) I hated having just Buffalo channels so I went for an outdoor antenna, we tried splitting the signal for the 2 TVs but the PQ was crap, especially on the toronto and Rochester channels. So since I bought the antenna and its accesories I got to have it on my tv only. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,712 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
Thats what my mom uses the Philips rabbit ears, $40 at WalMart, (got them for free from the dish installer) I hated having just Buffalo channels so I went for an outdoor antenna, we tried splitting the signal for the 2 TVs but the PQ was crap, especially on the toronto and Rochester channels. So since I bought the antenna and its accesories I got to have it on my tv only. :)
Why don't you just put on either a pre-amp, or at the least a smal V/U distribution amp on the main feed, then you could run several sets w/no problems. (I would personally go the pre-amp on the antenna route, because then you might actually be able to pull in even MORE stations. ;) ;) ;)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Main thing is I dont wanna stick too much money into this thing, with the winters we have wo knows when it will blow down. Although one day I am going to spring $60 for a RatShack rototor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts