DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Heard in on Los Angeles news radio this morning on way to work. I called Direct and I got the run around from reps who said everyone gets $150 ($10 a month in programming credits). Seemed like they didn't know. Anyone know? What is the truth. I'm thinking about switching.

2. I told Direct that I could buy 2 HD receivers at Costco for 84.99 and get another one free with the mail in rebate and he said because he's a sales rep, he could give me all 3 HD receivers with all mail in rebates so I pay nothing. I didn't trust him. What do you think? To good to be true?

Also, he said if I wanted one HD DVR and 2 HD receivers that they don't have the HD DVR for sale yet, but if I got a regualr DVR, that when they get the HD DVR, the upgrade is free. I told him Costco had the HD DVR for $260. He said Costco has it, but Direct doesn't yet. Will they really upgrade for free? I get the feeling, they sign you up and lie to you and you don't get what's promised. What's your take?

3. Can you use a splitter on an HD receiver so as to send SD programming to another room and avoid a receiver in that other room?

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Did you call DirecTV or a DirecTV agent? What number did you call? The main number for existing customers is 800-494-4388. The main number for new customers is 888-777-2454. I'm sure you can get a great deal from DirecTV direct.

The HD DVR (HR20) has been available since September. Stock levels are currently low and DirecTV does have a waiting list for those. I've saw them in stock at Walmart just a week ago, so some retail stores do have them. Sounds like you were talking to an agent. Give DTV a call at the new customer number listed above. The agents don't do the upgrades. So an agent promising you a free upgrade sounds fishy to me.

Splitter? There are multiple outputs from the HR20 but not from individual tuners. So any feed you send to another room will be the same as on the HDTV.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
The bit when he said DTV didn't have the HR20 yet is what threw me, but then again it's a CSR. Make sure you get multiple CSRs to tell you the same and note any free upgrade on your account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.