DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· AllStar
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ThomasM said:
Actually, the next "freeview" is Choice Ultimate from May 28-June 3 which includes Encore and all the Encore Movie Channels.
i forgot about that one, sorry.

I also see that Choice Ultimate no longer includes Encore East in HD, so what's the point?

· AllStar
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davenlr said:
Where did you see that? It is still listed on DirecTv's website as being in Ultimate.
i still get the Inside DirecTV mailing with my bill every month and in the May/Jun 2012 edition they have the New Channel Lineup on two pages. Encore (East) HD is not included with the Choice Ultimate package, there is no green dot next to it like all the other Encore channels. it is now only included with the Premier package or the Starz package of course.

· Cool Member
68 Posts
Showtime (should never try to follow HBO in the same week and than you add one less day?) is on from June 15-17, 2012.
But the great thing about this preview is, Showtime will be running marathons of many of its series. So if you wanted to see shows like Homeland, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Shameless, etc. but weren't a subscriber, you will have the opportunity to see the entire season, start to finish, for free! (Personally, I wouldn't bother with Dexter, as this past season was awful, but Homeland is definitely worth catching. I'm looking forward to seeing Nurse Jackie and the Big C.)

· Cool Member
25 Posts
the future is now said:
HBO and Cinemax are on from June 8-11.

Showtime (should never try to follow HBO in the same week and than you add one less day?) is on from June 15-17, 2012.
Do you all remember if HBO on demand will be available during the freeview?
Would like to catch up and rewatch all of Game of Thrones :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
"slo_dave" said:
Do you all remember if HBO on demand will be available during the freeview?
Would like to catch up and rewatch all of Game of Thrones :)
Usually with FREE previews the actual channels on demand is not included, but DirecTV has in the past added a FREE on demand channel that has some of the content.

· Legend
212 Posts
wilsonc said:
I have Choice Ultimate and receive channel 535 just fine. It's a mistake.
I've had Choice Extra (Xtra Classic now I guess) for years and I've had Encore HD for most of it. I have no idea how or why, but it's been there through several hardware and programming changes. Oddly enough, it says I'm not authorized for the SD version. lol

I'm not saying that they didn't make a mistake on the insert (I have the insert as well and there is no green dot), but D* makes mistakes both ways. o_O

the future is now said:
at what time in the morning do they turn this on again?
I believe 3AM PST.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Dude111 said:
What i hated with the HBO/MAX preview is: ALMOST EVERY MOVIE IS IN THAT LETTERBOX CRAP!! (Which i dont want to see.... I LIKE MY MOVIES FULL SCREEN like i have seem them for 30+ years)
I perfer letterbox. Otherwise part of the picture is cut out to take 1.85 or 2.35 aspect ratio and fit it full screen on 1.78(16x9).

I perfer to see it as it was intended. :)

What I hates it window boxed movies. Syfy does that all the time. :mad:

Mike

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
Dude111 said:
What i hated with the HBO/MAX preview is: ALMOST EVERY MOVIE IS IN THAT LETTERBOX CRAP!! (Which i dont want to see.... I LIKE MY MOVIES FULL SCREEN like i have seem them for 30+ years)
Please think about this.....worst idea ever...Every movie should be shown in its original aspect ratio, so it will depend on your tv whether it fills the screen or not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.