DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any issues with the Next Generation Remote Extender and the Directv HR24-500? I'm using a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and it is working fine with everything until I connect the remote extender. The remote extender is working fine with my a/v receiver but I cannot get it to work with the Directv box. I have tried positioning it every which way. Anyone else had similar problem?

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try each of those A, B and C settings. I do notice a difference with my a/v receiver when using them but the Directv reciever doesn't work right with any of them. I've emailed the makers of the Next Gen to see if they know of any issues.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
Are you using the next generation to convert IR to UHF and then convert the UHF back to an IR command? The HR needs to be set to IR not UHF, it dosen't receive the next generation UHF signals and in UHF mode it dosen't respond to IR codes.

·
AllStar
108 Posts
Different components, but similar issue - URC warns that when attaching the IR emitters on the from of components, that Satellite and cable receivers are easily overloaded by a strong IR signal, such as what comes from an emitter. I know on my system, I had to adjust the HR24 gets the lowest-power signal of any of the components.

So perhaps the repeated IR signal is too strong, and you should move the emitter further away / adjust its power output? (not familiar with the extender)

·
Legend
275 Posts
Please let us know what you hear from NG. I have been fighting the battle to control HR21-200 for a long time. The HR21 internal antenna is so weak, the RF won't work over 5 ft. away, so I am using a NG extender, and so far that's the best, but still doesn't offer solid performance, no matter if I use the wired emitter, or the unit itself. Like you, I have experimented endlessly with positioning of the NG unit and emitter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.