DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the next area DTV sends the update to will be the west coast or the whole country.
I am sure hoping for a national release.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
At this point I hope they finish PST and do MST tonight, the rest tomorrow, since they want to stagger across the US.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
159 Posts
This is like some kind of psychological experiment. They're probably laughing it up in the D* break room right now over how badly they're messing with people's minds.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. There's no better way to get someone to want something than denying them, while arbitrarily giving it to someone else.

I think next time they should release the software only to customers in Bismark, North Dakota just to freak the L.A. people out.

(of course there won't really be a next time - This release should be the end-all be-all of software updates ;)

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
spolaski said:
This is like some kind of psychological experiment. They're probably laughing it up in the D* break room right now over how badly they're messing with people's minds.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. There's no better way to get someone to want something than denying them, while arbitrarily giving it to someone else.

I think next time they should release the software only to customers in Bismark, North Dakota just to freak the L.A. people out.

(of course there won't really be a next time - This release should be the end-all be-all of software updates ;)
Somebody call 911. spolaski, bless his heart, has lost it completely. Tho he is quite funny up until the last line :) :) :)

Or is that dark humor? ;)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
spolaski said:
Hope, Still missing Dual Live Buffers and still have that darn Pinky :lol:

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
brott said:
Hope, Still missing Dual Live Buffers and still have that darn Pinky :lol:
And web access, IR and RF simultaneously, ....

·
Legend
159 Posts
I like Pinky, I'll miss her (him?) if they ever fix that. But according to the bug reports on 0x104 Pinky is alive and well! Viva Pinky!

Seriously, though - once they get the basic functionality ironed out (which it seems like they're close to) I'd like to see some Internet features like they have on Tivo now.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
tibber said:
At this point I hope they finish PST and do MST tonight, the rest tomorrow, since they want to stagger across the US.

Cheers,
Tom
Still not in Nevada, don't hold your breath...

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
They should check out the postings here and send it to most of us on here first seeing as we keep eachother updated and find the problems/fixes first.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
8 Posts
Clearly they should send it to Indianapolis, IN first. I'm quite willing to deal with the bugs if I could watch any bit of CBS football in HD. Oh yeah, it would have been nice to have seen the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in HD too!!!!

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Thundalicious said:
Clearly they should send it to Indianapolis, IN first. I'm quite willing to deal with the bugs if I could watch any bit of CBS football in HD. Oh yeah, it would have been nice to have seen the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in HD too!!!!
Welcome to the forums, Thundalicious. :welcome_s

I'm not sure if it is wise to send an update this soon to a portion of the country and couldn't decide which timezone it was in until this year... :) (Just kidding, I lived in the two sections of the country that didn't participate in Daylight savings back to back. TH and then Phoenix.)

Cheers,
TOm

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Oh yeah, it would have been nice to have seen the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in HD too!!!!
Check out "Bikini Destinations" sometime. It's a good make-shift substitute for now. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.