DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
You call I haul..
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they have been hadding some locals lately but does anyone know when the next set is going to Light up???I know they said several by the end of the year and OKC was one of them is that plan still on course or do we know yet??

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
mike_augie said:
I know they said several by the end of the year and OKC was one of them is that plan still on course or do we know yet??
OKC is still on the list. Here's the current list: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=54698

It is notable that the list on the DirecTV website details Fall releases and of those, none were released and two, Asheville and Brunswick, disappeared from the EOY2006 list.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
harsh said:
It is notable that the list on the DirecTV website details Fall releases and of those, none were released and two, Asheville and Brunswick, disappeared from the EOY2006 list.
Don't know about Brunswick, but Asheville, NC is part of the Greenville, SC DMA.

--Cross

·
Mentor
40 Posts
I don't know if this will hold true, but on 11/15/2006 my DMA (Greensboro) disappeared off the list (and I went nuts trying to find out why we were removed from the list) and on 11/22/2006 the HD locals went live. So, maybe in a week or so Asheville and Brunswick will light up.

·
You call I haul..
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well??/ called a csr ..you know how this story goes but they rep told me that no other HD locals will be turned on this year ...???maybe a few fill in stations but you know how the russian roulete game goes ...so that that for what you want I sure hope that they are wrong....but anyway

·
Mentor
40 Posts
mike_augie said:
Well??/ called a csr ..you know how this story goes but they rep told me that no other HD locals will be turned on this year ...???maybe a few fill in stations but you know how the russian roulete game goes ...so that that for what you want I sure hope that they are wrong....but anyway
Yeah, that is what they told me when I called, after our DMA disappeared from the list. I don't think they really know until it happens.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
Well, supposedly there are eight markets left to be launched by the end of the year.

Some markets where all parties have reached an agreement with the major networks are:

Greenville, SC/Asheville, NC
Harrisburg
Jacksonville/Brunswick
Little Rock

Both Tulsa and OKC are on that list if DirecTV has come to an agreement with Griffin Broadcasting. New Orleans also is on the list if Emmis-owned FOX affiliate has an agreement.

It is the LIN Broadcasting stations that place a thorn in the side. Everyone eles appears to have agreements in these markets:

Norfolk
Albuquerque
Buffalo
Mobile
Toledo

I'd fully expect the larger markets to come online before the smaller ones, at this point. The smaller the market, the more likely retransmission issues pop up because of affiliates that want more money and do not offer any other multichannel programming (ABC has ESPN, Scripps has many ABC affiliates, etc))

Even Des Moines is a good candidate right now, as only the ABC affiliate owned by Captial Communication is unknown with respect to retrans agreements.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Greg Bimson said:
Well, supposedly there are eight markets left to be launched by the end of the year.

Some markets where all parties have reached an agreement with the major networks are:

Greenville, SC/Asheville, NC
Harrisburg
Jacksonville/Brunswick
Little Rock

Both Tulsa and OKC are on that list if DirecTV has come to an agreement with Griffin Broadcasting. New Orleans also is on the list if Emmis-owned FOX affiliate has an agreement.

It is the LIN Broadcasting stations that place a thorn in the side. Everyone eles appears to have agreements in these markets:

Norfolk
Albuquerque
Buffalo
Mobile
Toledo

I'd fully expect the larger markets to come online before the smaller ones, at this point. The smaller the market, the more likely retransmission issues pop up because of affiliates that want more money and do not offer any other multichannel programming (ABC has ESPN, Scripps has many ABC affiliates, etc))

Even Des Moines is a good candidate right now, as only the ABC affiliate owned by Captial Communication is unknown with respect to retrans agreements.
Hi Greg,
Where can I find this info (concerning agreement in my DMA)? I am in the Harrisburg DMA and obviously interested!

·
Legend
182 Posts
OKC isn't gonna be added until next year...I called and asked for my brother who lives and that area and they said "Feb. 07, it looks like we ran into some problems while trying to get the networks to negotiate with us".

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
For the record, DirecTV has Oklahoma City as one of eight markets to be added this month (supposedly by "Fall", which ends on 21 December).

That would indeed take DirecTV to 57 markets by year end, meeting their "revised" target. However, DirecTV at one point stated they'd have 67 markets by year's end, so who knows if DirecTV will revise further?

·
Legend
182 Posts
Greg Bimson said:
For the record, DirecTV has Oklahoma City as one of eight markets to be added this month (supposedly by "Fall", which ends on 21 December).

That would indeed take DirecTV to 57 markets by year end, meeting their "revised" target. However, DirecTV at one point stated they'd have 67 markets by year's end, so who knows if DirecTV will revise further?
I called again and the CSR and 2 other people, one being a supervisor told me HD locals weren't gonna be in OKC until February 2007...so I guess their target did get "revised"

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Typical run-around. :(

Norfolk/Newport News, Va. DMA #42 was scheduled to launch in early December. Just learned from "Retention" that this market has been rescheduled for Late 2007. :eek2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.