1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NFL 2021 Schedule
Attached is the weekly NFL Schedule for Directv SundayTicket Subscribers

Time Zone Specific
Schedules are provided for each US Time Zone; note the attachment names to identify the correct PDF for your time zone

Customize Your Schedule
In the current Acrobat Reader, use the Tools/Fill & Sign option to enter your own custom National and Regional channel information
National Broadcasts
Add your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers to your schedule​
Regional Broadcasts
Find in advance which regional games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying by referencing online DMA Distribution Maps. Add your local broadcast information to customize your schedule. DMA maps are available beginning Wednesday in the week preceding the game​
The Distribution Maps include the announcer assignments for all the games; assignments for an additional two weeks are also available.​

Regional Blackouts
Directv is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate programming by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.

The Schedules are available HERE

·
Icon
890 Posts
Gary I tried to get the latest nfl schedule but it takes me to edcutter site. I cant find this post at that site. I can log in at that site but I cant find NFL 2021 schedule post. Is there any place else to find that?

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newt,

Here is a direct link to the post on edgecutter.
That first post will give you the attachments for the first 5 timezones. Post #2 has attachments for Hawaii, Alaska, Los Angeles and San Deigo.

Please let me know if you still have any problems. You can create a userid at that site, but that is not necessary. If there are problems, I need to get those corrected immediately!!

Thanks !

·
Icon
695 Posts
Can't get it to post or register
Newt,

That first post will give you the attachments for the first 5 timezones. Post #2 has attachments for Hawaii, Alaska, Los Angeles and San Deigo.

Please let me know if you still have any problems. You can create a userid at that site, but that is not necessary. If there are problems, I need to get those corrected immediately!!

Thanks !

·
Icon
890 Posts
Newt,

Thanks !
Nope it still wont let me see the schedule. When i pick the week 8 PDT.pdf link it takes me to the edgecutter log in screen. I log in to edgecutter and pick the PDT.pdf link again it takes me to this screen Edgecutter Cutting Edge Forums (iamanedgecutter.com).

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Newt,
http://www.iamanedgecutter.com/vb5/...s-forum-aa/53-nfl-2021-schedule-week-8#post53
..... You can create a userid at that site, but that is not necessary. If there are problems, I need to get those corrected immediately!!

Thanks !
Well Newt, I tried this exercise from my wife's computer. And you are right: I ran into the same problem as you. Creating a userid IS necessary.

The software platform tells us that you do not need to create a userid at the site to be able view the contents of open Forums, like the Tech Resources and Programming Forums. And well, that is correct. What they neglected to mention is that if you wish to download anything - a PDF, an Excel - then you DO need to have a userid.

I'm sure that with adequate coercion ( large amounts of money that we do not have) we could get the software changed. It won't happen.

So I apologize for the inconvenience - just create a userid for yourself. Then please do let me know if that solves your problems. There are probably many others who will benefit from your response!

And thanks - once again.

·
Icon
695 Posts
Well Newt, I tried this exercise from my wife's computer. And you are right: I ran into the same problem as you. Creating a userid IS necessary.

The software platform tells us that you do not need to create a userid at the site to be able view the contents of open Forums, like the Tech Resources and Programming Forums. And well, that is correct. What they neglected to mention is that if you wish to download anything - a PDF, an Excel - then you DO need to have a userid.

I'm sure that with adequate coercion ( large amounts of money that we do not have) we could get the software changed. It won't happen.

So I apologize for the inconvenience - just create a userid for yourself. Then please do let me know if that solves your problems. There are probably many others who will benefit from your response!

And thanks - once again.
now it wont let me sign up or log in ...ugh!

·
Icon
890 Posts
Newt,

Thanks !

And thanks - once again.
Gary today I clicked on the goto link today and it finally worked. I used the link on your original post. Thanks again! Go Raiders!

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Gary I was wondering what x-flex means??
Good question! The 'x-flex' is NFL shorthand for "cross-flex". And "cross-flex" means that the NFL has re-assigned that game from one network to another network.

Here's the big picture. The basic NFL contracts define any game where the visiting team is in the NFC should be broadcast by FOX. Any game where the visiting team is in the AFC should be broadcast by CBS. You will sometimes read, "The NFC rights were purchased by FOX, the AFC rights were purchased by CBS."

But then in the last few years, the NFL included a caveat in the contracts that allows the NFL to arbitrarily re-assign a CBS game to FOX, or re-assign a FOX game to CBS. These re-assignments are called 'cross-flexes'. The original schedule that is released always has some of the x-flex games already built in. But in most cases, the x-flex changes are made from week to week as the season progresses. In the Press Release snippets I post, notice the text (for example):
The New Orleans at New York Jets game remains at 1:00 PM ET but will shift to CBS

There is much conjecture that forthcoming contracts will change so that the NFL will effectively sell the rights to each game to the highest bidder and multiple networks will be in the mix. In this coming year, Amazon will have Thursday Night Football and ESPN is broadening its involvement, so in some ways we are on that path already!

Are you prepared for Al Michaels broadcasting for Amazon - and on Thursday nights ?? Well, get ready…….

Sorry for the long winded reply - you now know more than you care to know. :)

·
Icon
890 Posts
Good question! The 'x-flex' is NFL shorthand for "cross-flex". And "cross-flex" means that the NFL has re-assigned that game from one network to another network.

Here's the big picture. The basic NFL contracts define any game where the visiting team is in the NFC should be broadcast by FOX. Any game where the visiting team is in the AFC should be broadcast by CBS. You will sometimes read, "The NFC rights were purchased by FOX, the AFC rights were purchased by CBS."

But then in the last few years, the NFL included a caveat in the contracts that allows the NFL to arbitrarily re-assign a CBS game to FOX, or re-assign a FOX game to CBS. These re-assignments are called 'cross-flexes'. The original schedule that is released always has some of the x-flex games already built in. But in most cases, the x-flex changes are made from week to week as the season progresses. In the Press Release snippets I post, notice the text (for example):
The New Orleans at New York Jets game remains at 1:00 PM ET but will shift to CBS

There is much conjecture that forthcoming contracts will change so that the NFL will effectively sell the rights to each game to the highest bidder and multiple networks will be in the mix. In this coming year, Amazon will have Thursday Night Football and ESPN is broadening its involvement, so in some ways we are on that path already!

Are you prepared for Al Michaels broadcasting for Amazon - and on Thursday nights ?? Well, get ready…….
Ok thanks for the info.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,426 Posts

Sorry for the long winded reply - you now know more than you care to know. :)
and they still have the rule that all game will be shown in market for your local team on free tv.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts