DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
21,332 Posts
is it possible the local station is always picking the non-hd CBS games? CBS only broadcasts 3 HD games each week.

Cheers,
Tom
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
206 Posts
jkc120 said:
What gives? Why are the games on CBS (KOVR 13) in Sacramento never in HD? Does anyone know who we can complain to a KOVR?
Check your channel listings. I'm in the D* Sac DMA and getting the Colts/Cowboys in excellent widescreen HD and appears to also be 5.1 Dolby Digital sound on CBS KOVR 13? They're not always HD as others have said but this one today is. You may be on the SD channel version by mistake.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
460 Posts
jkc120 said:
What gives? Why are the games on CBS (KOVR 13) in Sacramento never in HD? Does anyone know who we can complain to a KOVR?
If the game is in HD, KOVR will pass it through. Unfortunately, CBS only does a couple of HD games per week, and usually the ones that are assigned to KOVR end up being SD games. For instance, I assume when you composed your message, you were watching the Oakland Raiders game -- that was only available in SD. Right now they (KOVR) are showing the Indianapolis/Dallas game, and it is in HD.

As litzdog911 says, your only complaints on this one should go directly to CBS.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
videojanitor said:
If the game is in HD, KOVR will pass it through. Unfortunately, CBS only does a couple of HD games per week, and usually the ones that are assigned to KOVR end up being SD games. For instance, I assume when you composed your message, you were watching the Oakland Raiders game -- that was only available in SD. Right now they (KOVR) are showing the Indianapolis/Dallas game, and it is in HD.

As litzdog911 says, your only complaints on this one should go directly to CBS.
Cool thanks. So the bottom line is, CBS sucks. :lol:
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
597 Posts
videojanitor said:
If the game is in HD, KOVR will pass it through. Unfortunately, CBS only does a couple of HD games per week, and usually the ones that are assigned to KOVR end up being SD games. For instance, I assume when you composed your message, you were watching the Oakland Raiders game -- that was only available in SD. Right now they (KOVR) are showing the Indianapolis/Dallas game, and it is in HD.

As litzdog911 says, your only complaints on this one should go directly to CBS.
2006 NFL TV distribution maps

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
292 Posts
Thinker3932 said:
So my Minnesota Miami game was not in HD on Sunday Ticket. Will D* always carry HD if available? Did Fox decide the game would be SD?
The Minnesota game was broadcast in SD widescreen today. The game was not available in HD anywhere.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
290 Posts
I know what you mean. As stated, CBS only picks 3 games a week to broadcast in HD (cheap asses IMO!). So usually you're gonna see the higher end teams in HD; like the Colts vs. Cowboys today. Don't hold your breath on a Raider game.... lol. I prefer FOX because they broadcast about 90% of their games in HD. I watched my 49ers today in HD via my OTA antenna and whoa!.... what a picture via my Panasonic plasma ATSC tuner.

You gotta figure there's 16 games a week, minus MNF and SNF, so 14.

If CBS has 7, the 4 are gonna be in SD :(
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blitz68 said:
Actually CBS rocks when it comes to HD football.
Well I haven't noticed, since I never seem to get a game in HD. How exactly does broadcasting less HD games make them rock? :confused:

Blitz68 said:
And this is the wrong area for this topic. This is the HR20 forum.
*shrug* a mod could have moved it. There are plenty of other topics that are similar in this forum.

Geez, do you work for CBS or something? :rolleyes: sheesh!
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Thinker3932 said:
So my Minnesota Miami game was not in HD on Sunday Ticket. Will D* always carry HD if available? Did Fox decide the game would be SD?
You got what was broadcast. Our two local S. Fla. affiliates (Miami and West Palm Beach) both broadcast the game OTA in widescreen standard def.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
jkc120 said:
Well I haven't noticed, since I never seem to get a game in HD. How exactly does broadcasting less HD games make them rock? :confused:

*shrug* a mod could have moved it. There are plenty of other topics that are similar in this forum.

Geez, do you work for CBS or something? :rolleyes: sheesh!
This part I agree with. They should **** or get off the pot so to speak. I think I was talking to some at the NFL offices and I think the NFL is going to force FOX & CBS to carry all the games in HD by next season. Anyone else hear of this?

No I do not work for or am I affiliated with CBS. Just an NFL junkie!!!

CBS's 1080i picture is FAR superior to the 720p picture FOX uses.

CBS's DD5.1 is FAR superior to FOX's DD5.1, hell FOX's sounds like a real nice DD2.1 to me.

I am neutral on this but the facts are the facts. When it comes to audio and video CBS is light years ahead of FOX.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
597 Posts
Blitz68 said:
This part I agree with. They should **** or get off the pot so to speak. I think I was talking to some at the NFL offices and I think the NFL is going to force FOX & CBS to carry all the games in HD by next season. Anyone else hear of this?

No I do not work for or am I affiliated with CBS. Just an NFL junkie!!!

CBS's 1080i picture is FAR superior to the 720p picture FOX uses.

CBS's DD5.1 is FAR superior to FOX's DD5.1, hell FOX's sounds like a real nice DD2.1 to me.

I am neutral on this but the facts are the facts. When it comes to audio and video CBS is light years ahead of FOX.
ALL fox NFL games are in hd.CBS has a better picture but the tight asses need to do all their games, not 3 a week.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
jkc120 said:
Cool thanks. So the bottom line is, CBS sucks. :lol:
It is not that CBS sucks. They only have so many HD trucks (I guess they suck in that regard) and they pick the more popular games to have them at.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
John W said:
ALL fox NFL games are in hd.CBS has a better picture but the tight asses need to do all their games, not 3 a week.
I agree totally. CBS open those FAT wallets and get us more HD games:mad:

With the NFL Network doing some games this year it might get us AFC fans more HD games...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top