DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember last year when we were complaining that Gameday Final and other NFL Network shows were not in HD, but a year later, they're still not in HD! Any word if we'll see their shows go to HD this year? It's so strange because they show NFL Replay in HD!

· Legend
102 Posts
I cannot figure this out. The NFL owns the channel and they are a mult-gillion dollar a year business and there main highlight show looks like low budget cable acess. Everygame is broadcast in HD, but not the highlights. Does anyone know why the NFL went the cheap way out on this?

· Hall Of Fame
4,573 Posts
AFAIK,NFL Network currently airs 5 programs in HD.
NFL Replay
America's Game : The Super Bowl Champions
America's Game : The Missing Rings
Live Wire
Starting 11
Other programming that will be in HD later in the year and early next year will include:
Thursday/Saturday Night Football : Begins Nov. 6,2008
2008 Texas Bowl : Dec. 30,2008
2008 Insight Bowl : Dec. 31,2008
Senior Bowl : Jan. 24,2009
Total Access Live from the Super Bowl : Jan. 26-Feb. 1,2009
In regards to Total Access and Game Day still not being in HD,it would be nice if they would get the live studio shows going in HD.
Perhaps that studio fire they experienced sometime ago is having a "longer than expected" effect on doing the studio shows in HD.

· Legend
226 Posts
They didn't do the draft in HD last year either. I would watch the channel all the time if they put all of their programming in HD.

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For such a popular channel, you would think having an HD capable studio would be a no brainer. I remember that fire and thought "oh well, no HD this year", but a year later still nothing? It sucks watching Gameday Final highlights in lowlight standard definition. I can't stand watching ESPN for football even if it is in HD.

· Legend
221 Posts
I remember many years ago back when my cable provider at the time (it was Adelphia) added the NFL Network HD. This was back when they only offered 11 HD channels, NFL HD being one of them. I asked the director of Marketing why Adelphia was adding NFL HD when it had very little HD content, while there were plenty other HD channels out there to add instead. He said the NFL essentially promised Adelphia that they would be airing all studio shows in HD beginning just before the Superbowl that year. Well, that was about 4 years ago, and none of those shows are in HD yet.

G

·
Hard to understand why ESPN can have studio shows in HD and all highlights in HD while NFL Network continues to have an SD studio show and fuzzy SD highlights. It's pathetic.

· Godfather
364 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
looks like the sudio shows are now HD.....kinda....they are using the HD stat wing.
+1 I thought I was looking at Fox News HD ;) This new look is MUCH BETTER than having pillar bars. :cool:

· Godfather
259 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
looks like the studio shows are now HD.....kinda....they are using the HD stat wing.
Yeah I see what you mean. I like that the silly pillar bars have been removed from the left and the right sides of the screen. I like the Match-up graphics on the right side. At least those, along with the new ticker on the bottom, are nice and bright. We both know the studio still isn't in HD, but somehow it does look a bit better. The screen doesn't look so squeezed anymore. Current favorite NFLN show = "Starting 11" with the delicious Michelle Beisner. :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.