Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Legend
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Some rumors where floating around a few weeks ago, that the GAMES will be available on the Special Event HD channel (95)

Don't know for certain though

· Legend
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fair enough, thanks!

· Beer Aficionado
1,469 Posts
Fl_Gulfer said:
I thought there was just the 2 games on turkey day, one on Fox and the other on CBS. The picture will be the best on those channels anyway.
They added a night game this year on NFL Network. Denver at KC.

· Legend
241 Posts
All 8 NFL Network games will be shown in HD on DirecTV channel 95. This has been confirmed by multiple sources that you'll find if you google. I think I even received an email or mailing from D* about this, but maybe I'm going crazy. In any case, if you have the HD package from D*, tune to 95 at gametime and you'll see KC vs. Denver in HD. Enjoy.

· Godfather
314 Posts
eengert said:
All 8 NFL Network games will be shown in HD on DirecTV channel 95. This has been confirmed by multiple sources that you'll find if you google. I think I even received an email or mailing from D* about this, but maybe I'm going crazy. In any case, if you have the HD package from D*, tune to 95 at gametime and you'll see KC vs. Denver in HD. Enjoy.
If I have the HD package? Or if I have HD equipment? I have both so it doesn't matter for me but I've always heard that this would be available regardless of whether you have the HD package

· Cool Member
24 Posts
eengert said:
SWEET!!!!!

· Legend
241 Posts
ajwillys said:
If I have the HD package? Or if I have HD equipment? I have both so it doesn't matter for me but I've always heard that this would be available regardless of whether you have the HD package
I would be really, REALLY surprised if you can receive any national HD content from D* without the HD package. It wouldn't make any sense. Does that make any sense to you? I'm pretty sure you need the HD package for NFL-HD. I don't think you can tune 95 without the HD package. Did I mention that you need the HD package? :grin:

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
eengert said:
I would be really, REALLY surprised if you can receive any national HD content from D* without the HD package. It wouldn't make any sense. Does that make any sense to you? I'm pretty sure you need the HD package for NFL-HD. I don't think you can tune 95 without the HD package. Did I mention that you need the HD package? :grin:
You get the HD feeds of HBO and Showtime without the HD package. I would think that you get the HD Sunday Ticket Superfan HD without the HD package, too. There is another thread on this, where someone said you also get TNTHD without the HD package but again, I don't know as I do have the HD package.

· Legend
241 Posts
paulman182 said:
You get the HD feeds of HBO and Showtime without the HD package. I would think that you get the HD Sunday Ticket Superfan HD without the HD package, too. There is another thread on this, where someone said you also get TNTHD without the HD package but again, I don't know as I do have the HD package.
Premiums I agree on - those aren't part of the HD package. TNTHD is part of the HD package, so I don't see how you get it w/out the pkg. By that logic, you might be right about NFL-HD, but it still wouldn't make sense to me.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Well the Detroit and Dallas games will be in HD (CBS & FOX) just as they have been. So all we're talking about is this one game, Thanksgiving night? What about the remaining game being aired on NFL Network?

· Banned
4,642 Posts
paulman182 said:
You di get SF HD without the HD package but you still pay for SF.

· Icon
808 Posts
TNTHD is part of the HD package, so I don't see how you get it w/out the pkg.
TNTHD is NOT part of the HD package. Anyone with a DTV HD receiver can get TNTHD without subscribing to the HD package. I dropped the HD package months ago and I still get TNTHD just fine.

· Legend
241 Posts
captain_video said:
TNTHD is NOT part of the HD package. Anyone with a DTV HD receiver can get TNTHD without subscribing to the HD package. I dropped the HD package months ago and I still get TNTHD just fine.
My mistake then, but why is TNTHD free? What makes it different than ESPNHD (other than their boneheaded decision to show all 4:3 programs in ugly stretch mode :) )?

· Legend
241 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Well the Detroit and Dallas games will be in HD (CBS & FOX) just as they have been. So all we're talking about is this one game, Thanksgiving night? What about the remaining game being aired on NFL Network?
All 8 regular season games carried by NFL Network will be shown in HD on D* channel 95, as I mentioned in my earlier post.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
eengert said:
My mistake then, but why is TNTHD free? What makes it different than ESPNHD (other than their boneheaded decision to show all 4:3 programs in ugly stretch mode :) )?
We don't know!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.