DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the NFL game on CBS on 12/10 is not in HD. Other HD channels are fine. Currently the CBS on Channel 6307 in HD normal has the black bars on side. Is it normal to at times have something like an NFL game that I would expect to be in HD not be. I am new to HD and am curious. I can fill the screen with the stretch function but generally do not like it that way.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
CBS shows three games per Sunday in HD and, as I recall, none of CBS early games are in HD today.

They do plan to increase the number but there is no set timetable.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paulman182 said:
CBS shows three games per Sunday in HD and, as I recall, none of CBS early games are in HD today.

They do plan to increase the number but there is no set timetable.
Thank you. I am a bit surprised that a major network would not do HD for NFL. Oh well. Thank you again for helping a newbie.

·
Icon
597 Posts
bynum said:
Looks like the NFL game on CBS on 12/10 is not in HD. Other HD channels are fine. Currently the CBS on Channel 6307 in HD normal has the black bars on side. Is it normal to at times have something like an NFL game that I would expect to be in HD not be. I am new to HD and am curious. I can fill the screen with the stretch function but generally do not like it that way.
http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
The Jaguars-Colts game on CBS was not in HD -- the PQ in SD sucked -- but
in spite of that, the Jags won anyway 44-17, so it was a good day after all! :)

·
Godfather
292 Posts
bynum said:
You should be seeing the Broncos-Chargers in HD right now.

·
RichardParker II
939 Posts
Raiders Bengals game here on the left coast was not in HD either. Very annoying to watch football in narrow screen now-a-days.
Cmon CBS, give us better service..................

·
Icon
687 Posts
Only so many HD cameras to go around! ;)

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
garys said:
All Fox games are HD.
No, they aren't. FOX does up to 6 games a week in HD. Some weeks they have a 7th or 8th game depending on the matchups that week... and on those weeks any game beyond #6 is in FOX Widescreen, not HD.

I think we've had this discussion now about a dozen times just in the last month... maybe we should have a sticky or something? :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.