DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
112 Posts
This is the last year of the NFL's current contract with DirecTV concerning NFL Sunday Ticket. While it may seem like there is plenty of time to agree to a new deal before the 2003 season I know, from past experience, that the NFL likes to have their TV contracts in place at least 18 months ahead of time. IMHO, I think that the league is waiting to see if there will be a merger before signing another contract. It is, by no means, certain that there will even be an NFL Sunday Ticket package after this season. Just another reason that I hate the day that two only two small dish providers decided to try and create a monopoly.

· Hall Of Fame
4,008 Posts
There is NO chance for NFLST on E* as the merger is not slated to be ruled upon until 4Q2002. After that, it will take some time to integrate, as the lawyers climb through small details. Customer's needs rank about 20th down the list. You MIGHT have a fighting shot at MLBEI but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything else.

What???!!! You don't like Cricket?

Bob

(Fellow disgruntled E* based sports fan -- who just happens to have waivered distant nets and superstations that keep me from jumping ship to D*)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.