DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Looks awful on my TV also. NBC always has for me though.

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
It's just one or two field-level cameras that pixelate and break up all the time. Now that the second half has started, it will be interesting to see if NBC has fixed the problem.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
PCampbell said:
Yes they have subs here.
Our CBS has subs, and football games are bad as far as pixellation. Our NBC uses the whole channel for the game, and the PQ is pristine on both satellite and OTA.

You can blame this on the FCC mandating the changeover to digital while the 8VSB mpeg4 specs were still being worked out. If they had waited on mpeg4, you would not be seeing these problems.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Well, my NBC has 2 sub channels. Whenever there is medium to fast motion in the image, it's very pixelated. Hard to watch at times to be honest. Im moving to Austin soon, so hopefully their NBC affiliate doesn't have sub channels and is not pixelated for the Super Bowl.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,488 Posts
I'm getting a ton of pixelating breakups here in SF Bay Area...every 2-3 seconds...unbearable...

·
Legend
182 Posts
NBC has been pixelating in my area (Central Fl.) for a while now.. And not just sports.. But the game tonight is extra terrible on the HD channel.. If I put it on NBC SD, it's fine.. CBS and FOX look fine also..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.