DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Legend
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I be able to watch live NFL pre-season games that are only being shown regionally if I have the Sports Pack? I know the NFL Network will air every game eventually, but I don't like to watch re-runs. But, if I could watch games here and there live, then that would be nice.

· Godfather
411 Posts
Good question, although I'm not sure how many teams include a RSN as part of their preseason affiliate network. The Redskins (CSN-MA) and Ravens (MASN) do. I think Pittsburgh does too (FSN-Pitt), but I'm not sure how many others do.

· Legend
115 Posts
Few of the RSN's allow you to watch preseason games from out of market. That is not an NFL or DirecTV issue, the teams themselves hold the rights to the preseason games that haven't been given to CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN or the NFL Network. The NFL network usually through the week eventually shows all the games that were televised on delay. A few years ago, lot's of the RSN's allowed subscribers with the Sports Pack to see the games. Last year I don't think I found but maybe a couple.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
If you're asking if you will be able to watch out-of-market games live through Sports Pack, based on past seasons the answer is no. Every once in a while a game slips through, but those mistakes are very rare.

I'd love to see the preseason blackouts eliminated, but I'm afraid the NFL Network replays are all we're likely to get.

· Hall Of Fame
1,212 Posts
the nfl preseason games have nothing at all to do with sports pack. sports pack has regional sports networks, only few of which broadcast nfl games. nfl preseason games are shown on local affiliates...for the most part.

· Legend
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dtrell said:
the nfl preseason games have nothing at all to do with sports pack. sports pack has regional sports networks, only few of which broadcast nfl games. nfl preseason games are shown on local affiliates...for the most part.
Some of them do show games. I know that the Redskins and Ravens have their games on RSNs (I live in their area), and I know the Pittsburgh RSN shows the Steeler games.

· Hall Of Fame
1,212 Posts
kenpac89 said:
Some of them do show games. I know that the Redskins and Ravens have their games on RSNs (I live in their area), and I know the Pittsburgh RSN shows the Steeler games.
thats why i said only a few. i live in ohio and fox sports ohio and sports time ohio are our regional networks and all browns preseason games are shown on local channel 3 only.

· Icon
989 Posts
Red Dog said:
Good question, although I'm not sure how many teams include a RSN as part of their preseason affiliate network. The Redskins (CSN-MA) and Ravens (MASN) do. I think Pittsburgh does too (FSN-Pitt), but I'm not sure how many others do.
Both Ravens and Redskins games were black outed for outside viewing areas last year.

14 Posts

· Legend
121 Posts
RonOhio said:
SportsTime Ohio shows replays of Browns games in HD. I don't think D* will carry in HD though.

http://www.sportstimeohio.com/programming/?month=8&day=8&year=2008
Umm..

If Directv passes on the feed of Sportstime Ohio HD they receive, how would they not show it in whatever format STO shows it?

Talking about AFTER Directv turns it in to a 24/7 channel.

EDIT:

I see your posting a link for this week. It won't be in HD. Wait till next week.

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
SF49ers said:
i think DTV should put the preseason game on NFL sunday ticket
It's not up to them, and it's not even up to the NFL. Unlike the regular season, each individual team owns the TV rights to their pre-season games. So DirecTV would have to work out separate deals with all 32 teams, which just isn't worth the hassle.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
nfln doesnt replay the games that were on national tv fox, cbs, nbc, espn.
I seem to remember seeing a couple of national preseason games re-broadcast on NFL Network. It is not like they do not have rights to them since they re-broadcast regular season games with NFL replay. The NFL Network pre-season games usually are the local broadcasts for each team alternating at halftime.

This is really the best time to have NFL Network since you have access to virtually all preseason games. Most of the games will be in HD and about 8 of them will be live. Here is a link to their upcoming presason schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d809476d7&template=with-video&confirm=true

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
HJJ said:
I seem to remember seeing a couple of national preseason games re-broadcast on NFL Network.
i checked the scheds fast & i cant see a national game that nfln is replaying....if u can find any let me know id be interested to see if they changed policy because i thought that was always the case.

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Last year NFLN DID replay a lot of the (non-network) pre-season games. If I recall correctly, they played them throughout the weekend the games were played. I saw every Steelers pre-game last year as a result. if they do it again this year, be mindful that your team's game can be at anytime day or night, so check the listings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.