DBSTalk Forum banner

NFL Remote Control from DIRECTV

81339 Views 637 Replies 191 Participants Last post by  I WANT MORE
I called in today to add the ESPN football package and while I had the agent on the phone I was going to have her order me a replacement remote control. She saw that I was a Houston Texan fan (how do they know that? I remember being asked for my favorite NFL team about 3 years ago so is this on my file?) and stated that starting on 08/07/08 I would be able to order a remote control with the Texans logo on it. I asked for the price and she said it was $30. I asked if this was an RF remote and she said that she didn’t have this information. But she stated that I would have to order it via directv.com/nflremotes after the 7th.

Anyone have any information about these NFL remotes? I may purchase a Cowboys remote for my father for his birthday because he only has standard receivers and doesn’t need RF. I may purchase one for me down the road if they are available in RF.
1 - 20 of 638 Posts
papa_azteca said:
I called in today to add the ESPN football package and while I had the agent on the phone I was going to have her order me a replacement remote control. She saw that I was a Houston Texan fan (how do they know that? I remember being asked for my favorite NFL team about 3 years ago so is this on my file?) and stated that starting on 08/07/08 I would be able to order a remote control with the Texans logo on it. I asked for the price and she said it was $30. I asked if this was an RF remote and she said that she didn't have this information. But she stated that I would have to order it via directv.com/nflremotes after the 7th.

Anyone have any information about these NFL remotes? I may purchase a Cowboys remote for my father for his birthday because he only has standard receivers and doesn't need RF. I may purchase one for me down the road if they are available in RF.
I have looked, I see no mention of a NFL branded remote anywhere online. I guess we wait a week to learn.
An NFL remote would be cool, so would one that carried a logo from the NBA or MLB
Raider remote is all mine if true....:D
curt8403 said:
... An NFL remote would be cool, so would one that carried a logo from the NBA or MLB
College Logos would be nice, too.
Yes, when a DirecTV agent asks you what your favorite NFL team is, they write that down on your account.
NY Football GIANTS remote would look lovely in my house.I must get one if this is the case
DCSholtis said:
Raider remote is all mine if true....:D
Me too Brotha!:icon_hroc :icon_hroc
I will get one too, but I'm not gonna tell you guys which one I will get...
SDizzle said:
I will get one too, but I'm not gonna tell you guys which one I will get...
Rams, right?
tonyd79 said:
Rams, right?
Close.......... Same division:lol:
Is it true the Raiders remote has no fast forward button??
steevew6 said:
Is it true the Raiders remote has no fast forward button??
I heard the Raiders remote has the power off button renamed to "We Lost Again" :hurah:
Juanus said:
I heard the Raiders remote has the power off button renamed to "We Lost Again" :hurah:
:lol: :lol: :lol: There's also a button for northern CA customers labeled "Blackout", since their broke fans don't sell them out, so they are not on local TV......:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Detroit Lions remote... then my neighbor can intercept my signal.
sign me up for a redskins remote if it is true. what a tremendous night last night as green and monk both went to the hall of fame
Pats remote for this house!

Hmmmmmmm - I wonder if there is a way to cheat my way into getting two for the price of one......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:nono:
Athlon646464 said:

Hmmmmmmm - I wonder if there is a way to cheat my way into getting two for the price of one......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So does this mean you're a Pats fan or not a Pats fan? :scratchin
Athlon646464 said:

The buttons on the Pats remote all do the same thing. 'Record'
tcusta00 said:
So does this mean you're a Pats fan or not a Pats fan? :scratchin
I am, just thought I'd say it before someone else did........ :D
lowmazda said:
The buttons on the Pats remote all do the same thing. 'Record'
Yeah, but only the opposing team. :)
1 - 20 of 638 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.