·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Godfather
488 Posts
Steve615 said:
Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress announced today that Tarvaris Jackson will be replaced by Gus Frerotte as the team's starting QB.
Apparently,the decision and announcement will remain in effect for the rest of the season.
As a Packer fan I can honestly say I really enjoyed watching TJoke play. :p

·
AllStar
51 Posts
I was at the game last Sunday and I was one of the fans that did let out some boos. I was wondering who he was throwing to a lot of the time. I'll be there again this sunday hoping Gus Frerotte can do better. I need something to cheer about now that the Twins are choking the AL Central away. I hate the White Sox. AJ Pierzynski is a cheater.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,085 Posts
MN Sportsfan said:
I need something to cheer about now that the Twins are choking the AL Central away.
:icon_hroc :joy: :alterhase :thats: :wave:
MN Sportsfan said:
I hate the White Sox. AJ Pierzynski is a cheater.
:raspberry
Your just jealous because A.J. knows the rules book better than anyone in the league, including the umpires and coaches!!
!rolling

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Supervolcano said:
:icon_hroc :joy: :alterhase :thats: :wave:

:raspberry
Your just jealous because A.J. knows the rules book better than anyone in the league, including the umpires and coaches!!
!rolling
MLB admitted it was the wrong call. AJ likes to cheat. He's also a punk and I even said that when he was a Twin. Oh well, the Cubs will go longer than the Sox. White Sox are nothing more than Chicago's other team.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
At this point in Jackson's career, I think Minnesota is making a mistake unless they intend to dump him at the end of the season. If it was just nerves or confidence issues, they will never instill it in him now. If it was a lack of skills, then it will still be a lack of skills later.

I would have more faith in the change if they were going to a more proven backup OR another rookie they want to give a shot... unfortunately Gus has actually had enough experience to show he is not going to be any better than Jackson... so I really don't understand this move unless they intend to start all over again next year in the draft or through trades.

I also tend to blame these sorts of things on either the coaches OR management... as I can't believe they suddenly saw something differently bad in their QB from 2 games that they shouldn't have seen last season and during this recent preseason.

It's kind of like getting bad service at a restaurant... If it happens, and next time I get good service then fine... but if I get bad service several times from different people then I start suspecting the management of not doing their job either.

·
Legend
164 Posts
I think the biggest problem with Tjax is Brad Childress and play calling. The Vikings need to go get Cower or even The Mooch would be a huge improvement. Childress is just not a good Head coach.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
MN Sportsfan said:
John David Booty was awful in the preseason. If he can't produce against 2nd & 3rd stringers, what makes anybody think he willl produce against a Varsity team?
Thanks for the info. We don't watch the pre-season games so had no idea he'd even played.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.