DBSTalk Forum banner
221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Godfather
412 Posts
I got two emails saying MAX was free this season for being a long time subscriber, but my friend got the same email and he hasn't had ST for a few years and called and the Rep told him it's not free this year? Guess I will wait and see next week. Be awesome if it is.

·
Godfather
545 Posts
I tried calling 800-288-2020 but got nowhere ("I see no offers for you"). I then tried the Twitter @directv route. They weren't speedy fast in getting back to me but after a couple of back and forth chats, and me mentioning the e-mail that some others have received, they called me and told me that they could offer me ST for free for 2021, no contract extension, no auto-renewal. I am most grateful for this. I didn't ask about ST MAX because it's not something that I value (but I got it anyway - by default?). I never threatened to leave or cancel, I just asked about discounts and referenced what I had seen/heard others had received.

FWIW - We've been DirecTV customers since 1994, back before the USSB/DirecTV merger. We have the Choice package, no premiums, and had no active discounts - the last one rolled off at the beginning of this month.

Reactions: B. Shoe

·
9 Posts
I tried calling 800-288-2020 but got nowhere ("I see no offers for you"). I then tried the Twitter @directv route. They weren't speedy fast in getting back to me but after a couple of back and forth chats, and me mentioning the e-mail that some others have received, they called me and told me that they could offer me ST for free for 2021, no contract extension, no auto-renewal. I am most grateful for this. I didn't ask about ST MAX because it's not something that I value. I never threatened to leave or cancel, I just asked about discounts and referenced what I had seen/heard others had received.
I saw your message last night and sent a Twitter message to @directv. I didn't hear back from them until this morning, and after waiting an hour or so for a response, she told me that I will get Sunday Ticket Max this season. Thanks for passing your experience along Tubaman-Z!

·
Icon
3,355 Posts

·
AllStar
102 Posts
In the guide do you see an banner near ch 206?
I do see that banner ad. It took me to Ch. 705 however. 9700 is not available. I've not contacted them at all this year, since the next billing cycle is normally when I have to call and request it. Hopefully I won't have to do that this year! Been a premium subscriber, on auto pay for 16 years.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
NFL ST not working for me. Account shows $16.50 off NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX for 6 months until 3-21-2022. Anyone else?

·
Icon
731 Posts
I was told twice on the phone that I had ST Max for free. I see the banner ad near 206. However, I'm not getting any games currently. I tried calling DTV but eventually it says they're not taking phone calls "due to emergency conditions". I tried logging on to DTV account but I get this AT&T error message:

It’s not you, it’s us. We are experiencing issues and logging you out. Please try again later.
This window will log you out momentarily.

Something massive has been screwed up on their system and I'm guessing I'm just one of thousands of people trying to reach them.

Reactions: b4pjoe

·
Mentor
49 Posts
I have the Sunday ticket Max on Us banner in the guide and it directs me to channel 706 but tells me to purchase for $69.99. All other ST channels also have $69.99 cost.

·
Icon
731 Posts
I'm speaking with the Philippines call center right now. They're aware that it's a systemwide problem and say it should be fixed momentarily. We'll see.

·
Icon
3,355 Posts
Working fine for me no issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Finally got through on chat. Even though the discount of $16.50 per month for NFLST MAXX was added to my account NFL Sunday Ticket MAXX was not. So they added it and it is now working for me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
But why? I never ordered it, obviously it could just be a Directv mistake, we have seen plenty of those over the years but I don't think so, I think in my situation, they added it as a free season.

Either way, thanks for the heads up, I just called in to have them remove it, so far nothing has showed up in account activity, as everyone here knows, never trust what a phone rep says, always confirm.
Of course today in the recent activity page, it shows up after being told it would be removed. Called today, the rep stated it was an automatic loyalty credit and it could not be removed but don't worry, after the season is over it will be automatically removed. I told the rep that in the past, a rep has stated the same thing, and the following year, you get charged for the full Sunday Ticket, so please try to remove it, the rep came back and said, good news, I can remove it, gave me a confirmation number, we'll see if it sticks this time.

·
Icon
3,355 Posts
Has any one used "shortcuts" this season ?

I was watching GB ravens and notice it has ads/commercials now...

It was about 8 minutes in and it went to a commercial break i was so confused...

Not sure if the editor forgot to take that out or what ...
Also noticed no halftime graphics...

Usually at halftime they show a graphic comparing teams stats etc ...

And lastly noticed a few plays missing like FG kicks and a kickoff

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 242 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.