DBSTalk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 242 Posts

·
Icon
1,053 Posts
No e-mail received, and was no indication on my account, so just called to check availability and had ST Max activated gratis posthaste. As an aside, the 16-year DIRECTV Retentions (Loyalty) CSR with whom I spoke was extremely excited about the TPG deal, to the point of being borderline giddy. Apparently, in spite of the obvious fact that the attrition/bleeding cannot be entirely stopped, there is at least an internal belief that some effort is going to be made by new management to return DIRECTV to its former position as an industry leader, rather than it's current position with AT&T as the red-headed stepchild.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I wonder if they are doing this figuring that NFLST is a sunk cost, and but if it keeps people from leaving Directv for the next few months while the new management takes over it will be worth it (assuming that by January they've made changes that will make it more likely for customers to stay)
Sorry if someone already acknowledged this in an earlier post, I never received an email but I just checked the July statement and for the first time, I see Sunday NFL Ticket, charge $0.00, I wish I could change it to the NBA package.

I'm actually going to call to have them remove the NFL Ticket, some discounts are rolling off in a few months and it sometimes messes with their ability to apply a new discount if you have something like the free Ticket already set in your account.

·
15 Posts
Sorry if someone already acknowledged this in an earlier post, I never received an email but I just checked the July statement and for the first time, I see Sunday NFL Ticket, charge $0.00, I wish I could change it to the NBA package.

I'm actually going to call to have them remove the NFL Ticket, some discounts are rolling off in a few months and it sometimes messes with their ability to apply a new discount if you have something like the free Ticket already set in your account.
In recent years, I had my NFLST package showing at $0 until I received my August bill that was due for payment in early September. With that bill, the "payment due" kicked in. Specifically, I realized that I was not getting NFLST for free. If I'm understanding what you are saying, this is something that shows on one's account for everyone until the payment window actually starts for ST.

·
Registered
741 Posts
In recent years, I had my NFLST package showing at $0 until I received my August bill that was due for payment in early September. With that bill, the "payment due" kicked in. Specifically, I realized that I was not getting NFLST for free. If I'm understanding what you are saying, this is something that shows on one's account for everyone until the payment window actually starts for ST.
But why? I never ordered it, obviously it could just be a Directv mistake, we have seen plenty of those over the years but I don't think so, I think in my situation, they added it as a free season.

Either way, thanks for the heads up, I just called in to have them remove it, so far nothing has showed up in account activity, as everyone here knows, never trust what a phone rep says, always confirm.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,973 Posts
I called and got my yearly deal. I was able to get $60 off a month for a year with no commitment and NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free. Great deal and works for me.

·
Cool Member
70 Posts
I called and got my yearly deal. I was able to get $60 off a month for a year with no commitment and NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free. Great deal and works for me.
As mentioned in my previous post, I got the same 60 off per month but they would not budge on the free STM. Makes no sense- I would pay money to them if they would just tell me the reasoning behind so many getting it free, and some, even long time, profitable customers, not

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
It’s sometimes hard to understand what their algorithms are. It definitely still beats the alternative by me- Spectrum TV. They don’t give any deals on anything, hence I stay with DirecTV.

·
Icon
3,278 Posts
Yea cable cos are awful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
15 Posts
But why? I never ordered it, obviously it could just be a Directv mistake, we have seen plenty of those over the years but I don't think so, I think in my situation, they added it as a free season.

Either way, thanks for the heads up, I just called in to have them remove it, so far nothing has showed up in account activity, as everyone here knows, never trust what a phone rep says, always confirm.
Whoops, I guess I did misunderstand. Thought you had NFLST already from the previous year like me.

·
Legend
377 Posts
Got the offer but dont see it on my acct or on the authorization channel. Called DTV and they say the offer is there on the acct but they could not activate. Will this activate on its own?

·
AllStar
96 Posts
I have just spent over an hour on the phone with 2 different "Loyalty"
supervisors at DTV getting my NFLST Max for free. Wound up billing me and then crediting my account to get the package for free.
I have truly never jumped thru hoops like this with DTV before.
I have reported one of these "loyalty" folks with their employee number to corporate for being an *******-smug, rude, crap attitude and more.
Accused me of lying about the Sunday Ticket offer.
I demanded his employee number which he gave to me.
Customer for 28 years and no f,ing way will I be treated this way.
The second of the "loyalty" sups was great and a senior person.
She was great and took care of my needs.
Once the Sunday Ticket is gone, I will be as well.
This one ******* has crossed the line with his **** attitude.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I gave up and cancelled ST, which they did without any hesitation. I tried three times this week talking with different loyalty folks and nada, no offer of any kind, nor was any discount off my bill offered (I have no promotions going as they all expired months ago). I was told I can 'pay in monthly payments' though to make it easier if I wanted to do that. I declined and said just cancel it. First time in a long time I wasn't even offered $10/month off. Now the question becomes do I stay with them or go elsewhere.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,987 Posts
I have just spent over an hour on the phone with 2 different "Loyalty"
supervisors at DTV getting my NFLST Max for free. Wound up billing me and then crediting my account to get the package for free.
I have truly never jumped thru hoops like this with DTV before.
I have reported one of these "loyalty" folks with their employee number to corporate for being an *******-smug, rude, crap attitude and more.
Accused me of lying about the Sunday Ticket offer.
I demanded his employee number which he gave to me.
Customer for 28 years and no f,ing way will I be treated this way.
The second of the "loyalty" sups was great and a senior person.
She was great and took care of my needs.
Once the Sunday Ticket is gone, I will be as well.
This one ******* has crossed the line with his **** attitude.
28 years… I would have told you to go fly a kite

·
Super Moderator
53,483 Posts
Reported properly (not just complaining in forums) the tape can be pulled and the decision can be made whether that human being will have a chance to continue to serve. It may be a great opportunity for someone with said attitude (if the tape backs up the tale) to find other employment. Hopefully a place where he does not have to deal with smug, rude customers with a crap attitude who feel entitled to deep discounts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't see it as entitlement. In fact folks here have encouraged others to call to see if they can get a similar deal as they have. The worst that can happen is they say no deals and if it's out of your budget (for me this year it is) then cancel. I was just surprised that they didn't offer anything, as every year that I've called I've gotten a little something (not even related to ST, like 1/2 off 6 months of EPIX or things like that).

I think demanding it is a bit too extreme and that is something I would never do. However asking if something is available...nothing wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
11,286 Posts
I don't see it as entitlement. In fact folks here have encouraged others to call to see if they can get a similar deal as they have. The worst that can happen is they say no deals and if it's out of your budget (for me this year it is) then cancel. I was just surprised that they didn't offer anything, as every year that I've called I've gotten a little something (not even related to ST, like 1/2 off 6 months of EPIX or things like that).

I think demanding it is a bit too extreme and that is something I would never do. However asking if something is available...nothing wrong with that.
I agree, nothing wrong with asking for discounts "if" they are available. But if you take the time to review this and other threads you'll see there's a slew of discount mongers who expect endless back to back discounts and when they don't get them they come here and post like a bride jilted at the alter looking for sympathy.

·
AllStar
96 Posts

My reply is for a few of the above comments.
What you don't know Mystery Man of the greatness of DBS, is that your backdoor gratitude towards DTV is yours and yours alone.
My business dealings with DTV were shared as an information only post.
Demanding the same deal as new customers get has been a long standing ***** to get done but it does get done!
Your "guidance" means nothing concerning your opinion of DTV and how to work with
in their system.
How much do you pay per month?
Really-How dare a senior customer ask for a deal on Sunday Ticket.
Wonder what your relationship with DTV is like ?
Little discount here and there?
Fanboy??

Your little crack about how to handle a real complaint was unnecessary and speaks volumes oh great one!

81 - 100 of 242 Posts