DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,289 Posts
My reply is for a few of the above comments.
What you don't know Mystery Man of the greatness of DBS, is that your backdoor gratitude towards DTV is yours and yours alone.
My business dealings with DTV were shared as an information only post.
Demanding the same deal as new customers get has been a long standing ***** to get done but it does get done!
Your "guidance" means nothing concerning your opinion of DTV and how to work with
in their system.
How much do you pay per month?
Really-How dare a senior customer ask for a deal on Sunday Ticket.
Wonder what your relationship with DTV is like ?
Little discount here and there?
Fanboy??

Your little crack about how to handle a real complaint was unnecessary and speaks volumes oh great one!
How much do I pay per month? Let's see, I subscribe to Premier, Epix, Movies Extra and the Protection Plan. I have a HR54-200 and two C61K-700s. I'll let you do the math. I used to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket Max and MLB Extra Innings but ended my subscriptions when the whiners started kneeling during our National Anthem. Obviously my relationship with DIRECTV has been positive seeing how I've been a customer since 1995. And no, I've never begged for a discount like some done and out housewife on "Queen for a Day". I can well afford to pay for my necessities and luxuries! I take pride in having achieved financial independence and spend most of my money on women and booze. The rest I just squander.

·
AllStar
96 Posts
No way you were a customer for 28 years. DIRECTV was founded on 17 June 1994. That's "27" years ago!
Again your timing is way off.
I have been a beta tester with DTV since way back coming from C Band at their request over 28 years ago.
Sunday Ticket was $40 or $45 a year first year the package became available thru VIDEOCYPHER technology then on the big dish.
The small dishes were still in testing for DTV to take over the programming and scrambling the **** out of it.
Keep your personal slams to yourself.
The Mystery here is that no one has ever called you out on your great knowledge.
Hell of a Mystery Man-LOL.
Did the LaserDisc testing too for Motorola but guess you know all about DiscoVision as well.
You are speaking with someone who does know.
11,010 posts,wow !
Still don't know everything now do you.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
Please END making personal comments about other posters. Such personal attacks are a violation of forum rules. Further outbursts will not be tolerated.

·
Mentor
53 Posts
Just chatted via Twitter and got ST Max free and refund of first $65 payment that had posted to account. Easy peasy. Customer since 2003, which I’m sure helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mentor
224 Posts
This is my 10th anniversary with D* (member since 2011), no free ST for me this year or last year, maybe a better luck next year. Just in case one is wondering i did switch accounts from D* to AT&T a few years ago.

·
Legend
173 Posts
Contacted them on Twitter Monday. Asked what deals they had available on ST. I mentioned that new subscribers got it free and I knew that they emailed some people about getting it free. Couple minutes later, the rep came back and gave me ST Max for free as well. Process was simple and easy and took about 10 minutes total. Highly suggest that you try and get it as well. If you don't get it for free, I'd just drop and call back another time.

As another data point, I'm already in the middle of a $45 dollars in discounts for 12 months deal on my account, so you can have a large discont and still get ST Max for free.

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Contacted them on Twitter Monday. Asked what deals they had available on ST. I mentioned that new subscribers got it free and I knew that they emailed some people about getting it free. Couple minutes later, the rep came back and gave me ST Max for free as well. Process was simple and easy and took about 10 minutes total. Highly suggest that you try and get it as well. If you don't get it for free, I'd just drop and call back another time.

As another data point, I'm already in the middle of a $45 dollars in discounts for 12 months deal on my account, so you can have a large discont and still get ST Max for free.
Did you just tweet at them or something else?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,733 Posts
I had the streaming version last year (I was in an apartment). They just rolled it over this year, and didn't even check to see if my residence had changed.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
I have kept Directv service, mainly because of of NFL ST. The last few years, I've putting on vacation hold for 6 month of the year and switching to streaming YouTubeTV. That saves me $600 a year.

I recently checked to see if I could sign up for streaming DTV NFL ST standalone and it said I qualify. So I decided to call to cancel and switch back to YouTubeTV. When I called Directv to cancel, I went to the loyalty department. And for the first time since AT&T took over, they offered me a substantial discounts to retain me. Not sure if its because of the recent spinoff, but it did seem like I was talking to the Directv of old. The CSR was caring, friendly, sincere and really trying to help. He ending up giving me $50/mo discount for 12 mo's, $12.50 off NFL ST for 6 months.

When I asked if the discounts would apply to my current large large bill (Which was a partial month for restarting + full month + the 1st NFL ST payment). He said hold on a minute and went to his supervisor. And he was able to get me and additional $50 off the current bill. So its a total of $725 in savings over the next year.

Now that's the Directv I have known and loved for over 13 years!

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Magenta

·
Mentor
53 Posts

Same here. I'm in middle of $60 off for 12 months and it didn't affect me getting ST free either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
No email for me once again despite being a 20 year DTV customer with a sky high bill. We have NEVER gotten it free without doing anything.

So I had to make my annual call- this is probably at least the 10th straight year I have made this annual call, and this one was probably the easiest, quickest one ever. I was on the phone less than 5 minutes.

I asked specifically about getting ST Max for free but no go. But wound up getting $60 credit for next 12 months- $720 total.

As others have mentioned, it is very weird- I would have settled for and been satisfied with just the free ST Max ($340 or so). They say no to that but then turn around and give me more than double that amount. I am sure they have a reason for it but they would be better off just giving me the free Sunday Ticket. Oh well, either way, a very successful and profitable 5 minute call
I was offered a similar deal, no free NFL ST offered. I think they prefer the 12 monthly credits so you have to remain a customer for a year. I typically put DTV on vacation hold 6 mo's after the NFL season and subscribe to YouTubeTV for 6 mo's. Which saves me about $600/yr. If I do that during the 12 month promo, I lose 6 months of discounts.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
How do you put your subscription on vacation hold? How does that work?
Call and tell them you want to suspend the account for up to 6 mo's, since you will be traveling, etc. They put the account on hold and might bill you $7/mo. When the time is up, it automatically turns back on and billing starts. And if you want to start service before the 6 months. You can call and reactivate it any time after a month.

Note: If you have any monthly credits on your account, you will lose them while the account is suspended.

Here is more info: Suspend DIRECTV Service

·
Legend
173 Posts
Call and tell them you want to suspend the account for up to 6 mo's, since you will be traveling, etc. They put the account on hold and might bill you $7/mo. When the time is up, it automatically turns back on and billing starts. And if you want to start service before the 6 months. You can call and reactivate it any time after a month.

Note: If you have any monthly credits on your account, you will lose them while the account is suspended.

Here is more info: Suspend DIRECTV Service
Any idea if you can still log in to different apps with your DirecTV account while it is suspended? For example, the ESPN app or TNT app? You know, ones that ask you for a provider?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
Any idea if you can still log in to different apps with your DirecTV account while it is suspended? For example, the ESPN app or TNT app? You know, ones that ask you for a provider?
You might be able to use the apps for a short time. At some point it will ask you to reverify the app and then you will lose access. If you switch to YouTubeTV or another streaming service that has that network. Then you can use the apps.

101 - 120 of 242 Posts