DBSTalk Forum banner
121 - 140 of 242 Posts

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Just chatted via Twitter and got ST Max free and refund of first $65 payment that had posted to account. Easy peasy. Customer since 2003, which I'm sure helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. I did it last night (took them until today to locate the deal). Got Sunday Ticket Max for free. I already had a $70/month going for the last couple months.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I've tried calling, Chat and Twitter and still can't get it this year (for free). They did tell me to keep checking my email because there are still more to be sent. Pretty sure they are lying about that.

·
Legend
173 Posts
I've tried calling, Chat and Twitter and still can't get it this year (for free). They did tell me to keep checking my email because there are still more to be sent. Pretty sure they are lying about that.
I doubt there are more emails going out, but I'd just try a different rep. There have been a few people on here that did report they couldn't get the deal though. So maybe, you just fall in that unlucky bunch for whatever reason. Really sorry if that is the case. I'd think they could give you a discount if nothing else.

·
Legend
220 Posts
I sent a message last Wednesday via Twitter and haven't heard back. When I contacted them in March on Twitter someone responded within minutes, wonder if the ownership change has had an effect?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Twitter reps did offer me $16.50 per month discount but I'm not interested in that. Also it did take a while from them to answer my message I sent to them. Months ago when I got monthly discount they responded immediately. So it is different now than it was a 3-4 months ago.

·
Legend
173 Posts
Don't know why so many of you are having issues via Twitter. They responded right away to my initial message. I didn't see their message for like seven hours. When I responded back, they responded again within minutes. It was way better than talking on the phone.

I haven't tried chat, but I have had issues with that in the past as well.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I never had an issue with Twitter until this last time I tried them that day. Before that it was always very fast. Maybe just an extra busy day that day for them.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Chat has a newer feature in which if you have an iPhone, you can text directly back and forth with a DirecTV CSR on it. For the small percentage of people in this world who don’t have Twitter, Facebook, etc. like me, I found it to be much better than a standard chat session at a computer.

Reactions: B. Shoe

·
Legend
220 Posts
I called today and was told the offer is not on my account

They were very nice and said they can determine no rhyme or reason to who is getting it for free
- Doesn't appear to be tied to being on a certain package or higher
- No other NFL deals were available

She suggested to call back again

Strange... I can call back of course, just curious if anyone was told something similar only to be successful via chat or twitter

·
Cool Member
88 Posts
I called today and was told the offer is not on my account

They were very nice and said they can determine no rhyme or reason to who is getting it for free
- Doesn't appear to be tied to being on a certain package or higher
- No other NFL deals were available

She suggested to call back again

Strange... I can call back of course, just curious if anyone was told something similar only to be successful via chat or twitter
I called last week and this week, was told the same both times. It was strange they didn't even offer it at a discounted price, first time in 17 years that has happened. Been a customer since 2004. Will just keep at it.

·
Legend
220 Posts
I called last week and this week, was told the same both times. It was strange they didn't even offer it at a discounted price, first time in 17 years that has happened. Been a customer since 2004. Will just keep at it.
I agree, super strange they didn't offer $100 off, or even tell me the price. It almost made it seem like they assume you will either get it for free or pay full price and no other options.

I'll keep an eye on this forum and let's what happens in the next week with people originally rejected and see if anything changes

·
Legend
173 Posts
I agree, super strange they didn't offer $100 off, or even tell me the price. It almost made it seem like they assume you will either get it for free or pay full price and no other options.

I'll keep an eye on this forum and let's what happens in the next week with people originally rejected and see if anything changes
I mean, it's a bit extreme, but you can just tell them you want to cancel your service. That sometimes gets you to a different group of people. One year, when I did that, the CSR couldn't have cared less and just cancelled me out. Told me to expect boxes to arrive for my stuff. I ended up getting some sort of VIP number to call into after they cancelled my service that was only valid for like 48 hours. Called that number and the CSR on that line seemingly had the power to do anything they wanted to get me back as a customer. I got free ST, some discounts, free channels, and I think new equipment. It was great.

Boxes came a few days later and I just recycled them.

So, it's a bit risker, as I really had to actually cancel my service, but it worked out really really well.

121 - 140 of 242 Posts