DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all of the HD games will be in mpg4, but I am giving a SD tivo to a friend who doesnt have an HD tv. (amazing those people are still out there, isnt it:)

Anyways, will he be able to get the SD games on this machine? Im assuming yes, but not positive.

Again, a standard definition tivo and getting the sunday ticket, will it work or does he have to upgrade to new equipment?

· Hall Of Fame
2,755 Posts
hoopsrgreat said:
I know all of the HD games will be in mpg4, but I am giving a SD tivo to a friend who doesnt have an HD tv. (amazing those people are still out there, isnt it:)

Anyways, will he be able to get the SD games on this machine? Im assuming yes, but not positive.

Again, a standard definition tivo and getting the sunday ticket, will it work or does he have to upgrade to new equipment?
It will work with SD.

· AllStar
70 Posts
I have a question. I signed up last year during the sunday ticket promo and it auto renewed a few days ago. I only found out about this due to an email that I got a few days ago. I call in to take it off of my account and she does, but I'm still getting charged for the first month. Can they not pro-rate me? She said it didn't give her an option to do that.

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is using my old tivo but they said he needed a new access card. They charged him 20 bucks for that. I tried to get him some credits and they offered NOTHING.
he wasnt trying to get free ST, just was giving him advr.

I made the call for him. I WAS AMAZED AT HOW i GET ANYTHING i EVER ASK FOR, BUT i TRIED TO GET 10 DOLLAR CREDIT TO OFFSET THE COST OF THE dvr FEE AND SHE SAID THEY COULD OFFER NOTHING.

Will they come and give him free installation to run another line for the tivo?? he was in the dark ages using a regular receiver with one line.

Sorry about caps. Mistake

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
hoopsrgreat said:
Will they come and give him free installation to run another line for the tivo?? he was in the dark ages using a regular receiver with one line.
I highly doubt it. He's not upgrading or anything. It's like if he got it on eBay or something. If he wants new lines run then he'll pay for it most likely.

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well he called back with me sitting next to him and got a second line ran for free. He also got a 10 dollar credit for 6 months that covers the DVR fee for 10 months.

I told him to get a new box but he will figure out if he can stand to be in the 21sr century by starting slow with an old Tivo.

he may move up with the rest of us once he comes to my house and watches some NFL in HD this season.

In the enbd though, we got what wanted for him. Free 2nd line and somne credits to pay the DVR fee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.