Finally!! And yes I agree you all will love Supercast this year
We can bet we'll have some fun this season. And the MAC users are covered straight up.Some news for NFL SuperFan subscribers:
In case you haven't seen it yet, DIRECTV has made some significant enhancements to the SUPERCAST feature for this year. This year, SUPERCAST will be available to more users who will be able to see more features with Adobe AIR version of the application (the AIR version will be available to download later today at http://www.directv.com/supercast.)
Here's a breakdown of the differences between last year and this year.
NFL SUPERCAST 2007
- Live video streaming of all Sunday Ticket games & Red Zone
- Available in Windows Media format on PCs.
- Scores, possession, field position, clock and statistics
- Standard and full screen mode
NFL SUPERCAST 2008
- Live video streaming (Adobe Flash) of all Sunday Ticket games & Red Zone available in enhanced desktop Adobe AIR application (also available as basic version in Flash)
- Works on PC and Mac
- Scores, possession, field position, clock and statistics provided for each game
- Near real-time game highlights in video with the ability to browse highlights from games
- Multi-modes: standard, mini and full screen application
- Interactive screen overlays for game selection and highlights
You can also see the SUPERCAST FAQ's at http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/faqPage.jsp?assetId=3330004&cat=faq_4
SUPERCAST is the streaming form of the NFL ST, allowing you access to all the NFL Sunday Ticket games, highlights, the redzone channel, and team/player info.spartanstew said:Having just signed up for Sunday Ticket and Super Fan today, for the first time ever, I don't really know what all this means, but it sounds good.
per satguys:Stewpidity said:Any idea when will the download be available ?
Per DBSTalk, as in Post #1 today or tonight was in the announcement. Beyond that, only DIRECTV knows for sure.dcowboy7 said:per satguys:
"Note: The application will not be available for download till later tonight or tomorrow".
There are three video quality settings to tune your experience to the data rate you can sustain to the servers. Hopefully you can go with High even overseas.HearsMusic said:I assume this will work outside of the USA, the FAQ says "anywhere you have internet access." Guess there's only one way to find out.
fly to aruba tonite and try it ?HearsMusic said:I assume this will work outside of the USA, the FAQ says "anywhere you have internet access." Guess there's only one way to find out.
Thanks Tom....Tom Robertson said:I refreshed the SUPERCAST page and found I could install it now!
The resultant page is at: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3260001
AIR seems to take a while to start the install process. A little bit of patience and it kicks into gear.kruegs said:Anyone else go to the "Install Supercast Now" button and after clicking, nothing happens? Tried IE and Firefox with no joy.