DBSTalk Forum banner

NFL Supercast - wheres the truly low speed feed D*?

831 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dtrell 
#1 ·
I was using my cell phone today to try and watch Supercast on my computer as well as the Presidents Club connection at the airport tonight. Both cases had about 1 MB/s of badnwidth, yet the stream even on low quality kept buffering over and over and made it almost unwatchable...in fact i noticed almost no difference i frequency of buffering stops with either high or low..it didnt make a difference. why in the world doesnt D have a truly low speed feed of this so you can actually watch it on a sub-15MB/s connection?? a nice 100kb/s feed would make it at least watchable and give people at airports and hotels etc a chance to watch some games..jeez not everyone always has a 15 meg cable modem at their disposal at all times..i mean i do at home, but the idea of supercast is to be able to use it on the road...and with EVERYONE having a computer now, hotels and airports internet connections are usually jammed..and not only that, they usually limit the bandwidth of each connection because they are jammed. any thoughts?

#3 ·
I had the same issue. I was visiting a friend and tried to use my Sprint data card. I had a good connection, all other website loaded nicely, but the Supercast was buffering in and out. I could watch the games 4 seconds at a time and then they would freeze.

I tried the "low" setting and saw no change in the issue.

Finally found a cat 5 cable long enough and everything was fine. They should have a lower bandwidth setting.

I never had this issue with the Slingbox version last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.