DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL
Im new here and Im so frustrated right now I cant begin to tell you. A friend highly recommended this site. Heres my issue. I ordered the NFL Ticket with the Superfan pack. I had a new HD DVR installed specifically for the season because I work every other Sunday. This past Sunday I recorded 3 games. When I came home and sat down to watch them I went into the list and they were there shown as recorded. However when I went to watch them I got the same message over and over. It asked if I wanted to delete the games or not. I was UNABLE to watch the games. I called Direct TV and it took 3 calls to get someone who seemed to have a clue. And this particular person said I CANT RECORD THE GAMES? IS THIS TRUE? I told this man that when I placed the order for the HD DVR and the Ticket I made it clear why I was ordering it, and of course NO ONE said anything then. So where am I here with this? I told the person that IF this is not going to work I want my old HD Reciever back and the money I paid for this useless POS.

HELP HELP HELP.....

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spartanstew said:
Try rebooting the receiver (restart)
I tried that, and of course the dummy from Direct tv did a factory reset and wiped them off the memory. But the other rep as I said previously he informed you cant record NFL ticket games. Thats the first thing we need to address, anyone know?

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Ill give it a try on Sunday. So let me make sure I got this right IF...the games I record give me the delete message only reboot the receiver? Is there a certain way I should reboot it? Red Button? Unplug count to ten that kind fo thing?

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
If the games you recorded give you a delete message, they may be lost for good, reboot or not. But as folks have said upthread, you should be able to record them in the first place. Since you say you work every other Sunday, I assume you'll be around this Sunday. Try recording games while you are around. Set up the DVR to record games even though you are there. If you still can't, there is something else wrong with your system.

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I said I was able to record two games last Sunday. They show in my playlist. Yet when I got to play them all I get is the Delete option. According to Direct TV, they say I cant record NFL Ticket games. So whats the deal can I record and watch or record and not be able to watch on the HD DVR?

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
You can record NFL Sunday Ticket games. I've said it. Others in this thread have said it. I don't care what a CSR has told you. They are wrong.

The games showing up on your Play List but unable to play is a known bug. It can happen with any show, not just Sunday Ticket. I had it happen to a Dave Matthews concert last week.

I'll say it again. Try recording this weekend and see what happens. If you only have problems recording Sunday Ticket, something else is wrong with your system, setup or DVR.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
If you are home definately make sure the games are actually coming in. If they messed up your authorization it may actually be recording blank nothing which would then cause that prompt because nothing is actually there. So make sure this Sunday that the games are actually coming in and also try to record a couple of them.

This will at least eliminate the issue if you are actually authorized. I've had Sunday Ticket for years but for some reason this year I had to have my authorization resent to my receivers for me to be able to tune to the games, even though I was paying for it. You can resend authorization online.

And yes, I would rarely listen to a CSR for factual information. ;)

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK Thanks everyone, Ill give everything you said a shot this Sunday. I already rebooted the receiver and programmed the games. I was able to watch the end of the 4pm games last week so I know they are coming in. Wish me luck. Thanks again for all the advice.

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone, I taped about 2 minutes of the game went into the list to see if I could watch and its already asking if I want to delete the program so IT DOESNT WORK!!! Someone give me a suggestion, I cant even pause the game to leave the room. So you guys are telling me I should be able to do all this but it aint happening. Im open to suggestions

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Gojira said:
Hi everyone, I taped about 2 minutes of the game went into the list to see if I could watch and its already asking if I want to delete the program so IT DOESNT WORK!!! Someone give me a suggestion, I cant even pause the game to leave the room. So you guys are telling me I should be able to do all this but it aint happening. Im open to suggestions
Are you watching the channel it's recording or is it blacked out? Local games are blacked out on the 700 channels.

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SacR32 said:
Are you watching the channel it's recording or is it blacked out? Local games are blacked out on the 700 channels.
Im watching it, the channels are in and it shows its recording yet when you go to list to view its asking if I want to Delete it. I tried to pause the game and that wont work either.

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Direct tv finally fixed the problem it appears, according to Romeo in their tech Dept there was a software issue with my DVR the version within the unit was apparently quite a bit outdated, we rest the box once he completed the update, it erased the 1st half of the games but it began recording the programmed material right away and I was able to go in to the menu and finally VIEW IT!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAW

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. Your DVR couldn't have been on an out of date version since it would detect that automatically and update itself. Unless he had you restart it and press some number keys on it starting up you didn't update the software version.

Most like what he did was reauthorize your access card which was suggested up above as a possible issue.

Have fun!

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont care what he did, just so long as it works lol...so far so good...he didnt mention anything about a reauthorization, all he said was upgrade of version...who cares it works thats all I care about lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.