·
Icon
3,492 Posts
Of course a PR person for the cable co would down play the impact

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are talking about who ever gets the streaming nfl next yr to also sub out it to other services as well.. I mean if you have cable or dish or Directv or are a bar with 100 tvs you dont really want to start trying to stream all of this stuff.. I can stream NHL now on ESPN but still pay for it on diretv where its so much easier to use.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
They are talking about who ever gets the streaming nfl next yr to also sub out it to other services as well.. I mean if you have cable or dish or Directv or are a bar with 100 tvs you dont really want to start trying to stream all of this stuff.. I can stream NHL now on ESPN but still pay for it on diretv where its so much easier to use.
Define "they".

·
11 Posts
This has been going on for years. I've had Sunday Ticket U and every week there is an outage or streaming / pausing issue. They are not equipped to deal with traffic loads whatsoever. I cancelled it this year and have just chosen to hit up a bar every now and then when I want to see something not on regular broadcast.

·
Mentor
550 Posts
This has been going on for years. I've had Sunday Ticket U and every week there is an outage or streaming / pausing issue. They are not equipped to deal with traffic loads whatsoever. I cancelled it this year and have just chosen to hit up a bar every now and then when I want to see something not on regular broadcast.
On the flip side, I've had Sunday Ticket streaming for the past four seasons and never encountered a single issue. And most weeks that's with multiple games showing in a grid view.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Residential can't view ch 9526

You will either get a not subscribed message or at the bottam a 800 number to call for business support

(OK today its the splash screen , but thats probably due to no scheduled programing .. on Thursday its blocked)

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. I meant ‘see’ as in ‘see’ on the Guide, not PHYSICALLY watching it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Whoever gets the next NFL Sunday Ticket deal, hopefully they will do away with Blackouts for fans. That is my hope for you all. If you pay $300 for a package, you should get every game. Whether it’s on a Television Package or a Streaming Service. Or wherever.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Whoever gets the next NFL Sunday Ticket deal, hopefully they will do away with Blackouts for fans. That is my hope for you all. If you pay $300 for a package, you should get every game. Whether it’s on a Television Package or a Streaming Service. Or wherever.
So you think they are just going to tear up existing contracts in effect for the next decade for FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN and Amazon and give all the games to the service that gets Sunday Ticket?

·
Icon
3,492 Posts
Unfortunately all sports packages have blackouts .

I can't see the braves feed cause they playing the Nats... I'm forced to watch MASN .. same for if any team playing Wizards , caps or Mystics gotta watch the ... Monumental Sports feed (NBC sn Washington)

But I do agree with you , we should get all games... thinking more MLB as they also forcing streaming stuff with friday apple tv and Sunday peacock...

·
Icon
1,298 Posts
The blackouts are imposed by the NFL, not DirecTV, in order to appease the local game carriers. I'm sure DTV would LOVE to have no blackouts that have to be accommodated - it would make things MUCH simpler for them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
So you think they are just going to tear up existing contracts in effect for the next decade for FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN and Amazon and give all the games to the service that gets Sunday Ticket?
Yes I do. The NFL & whoever has the next contract needs to tear apart & rip to shreds all blackouts because fans everywhere in baseball and football & just about every other sport have been screaming for them to be abolished for a long time. They are unpopular and outdated. It’s beyond time that Blackouts are done away with.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Yes I do. The NFL & whoever has the next contract needs to tear apart & rip to shreds all blackouts because fans everywhere in baseball and football & just about every other sport have been screaming for them to be abolished for a long time. They are unpopular and outdated. It’s beyond time that Blackouts are done away with.
Alrighty then. Good luck in your efforts.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
The contract with the networks have already been redone. I'm about 99.9% certain the language regarding blackouts and protecting affiliates, are in those contracts.

·
Super Moderator
53,871 Posts
The NFL responds to billions of dollars. The broadcasters have paid for their exclusives. The fans are not writing multi-billion dollar checks to the NFL. If you would like to buy out the multiple billion dollar contracts agreed to for the next 10 years feel free to try. Although if you could afford to buy out the contracts you probably wouldn't be complaining about blackouts.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Same issue with MLB, NHL & NBA, local broadcasters will not allow it. They want their commercials to be seen locally. Since networks pay the leagues, networks get their way. So no, they won’t rip or shred any contracts.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,238 Posts
No issues with Sunday Ticket off the satellite. Maybe streaming is not as robust as satellite service due to server and broadband capacity and/or interruptions
The 11 Million people who watched the super bowl and the 13 million who watched Thursday nights game would disagree. This is soley a DIRECTV issue that appears to be tied to there webpage/authentication system.. There was no actual issue with the feed when it was working Satellite is not that robust either as noted prior Directv would need to lower the variable bit rates on certain channels to support the Sunday Ticket feeds

41 - 60 of 64 Posts