DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,992 Posts
The 11 Million people who watched the super bowl and the 13 million who watched Thursday nights game would disagree.
11 million streamers in both cases. The other 100 million Super Bowl viewers and two million TNF viewers watched on their local affiliates. (And in both cases it was one stream.)

Satellite is not that robust either as noted prior Directv would need to lower the variable bit rates on certain channels to support the Sunday Ticket feeds
And all of their feeds were in SD when they launched NFL ST! The horror! How could anyone ever pay for such a service!

DIRECTV satellite has added plenty of bandwidth since the days where they had to shut channels down or squeeze bandwidth to make room for the games. The robustness of satellite comes from being able to use the same bandwidth to reach an unlimited number of viewers without further degradation.

·
Cool Member/Supporter
310 Posts
anybody get an e-mail from DirecTV tonite ? I got it for free this year, so I am Not expecting anything.

DIRECTV
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Hi @#$&$

We care about delivering you the best experience every Sunday with NFL SUNDAY TICKET. We apologize as we recognize we haven’t met your expectations, or ours.
You may have experienced technical difficulties recently when trying to stream NFL SUNDAY TICKET through the app or online, and we understand how frustrating this can be. Rest assured our teams remain hard at work to give you the best possible experience for the remainder of the season.
For the inconvenience, you will receive a credit for the time that you were unable to stream on Sunday, Sept. 18th. The one-time credit will be based on the cost of your NFL SUNDAY TICKET package at the time the technical difficulties occurred. This credit will be reflected within 1-2 billing cycles.
To get ready for this Sunday, we encourage you to log in to your NFL SUNDAY TICKET app today.
If you need assistance, you can find helpful guides or chat with an agent at DIRECTV Help Center.
Thank you.
DIRECTV Team

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,766 Posts
I have not gotten that email yet. I too got it for free this year, and used the app a couple of times so far but never had issues. I had RedZone primarily on when I used it.

·
Icon
3,590 Posts
no issues for me via: Sat, NFL ST Widows store app, and via Google Chrome

all working no issues

·
Super Moderator
53,992 Posts
Yours worked last week. Hopefully the people who had problems last week will have a better week this week. 15 weeks to go!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,880 Posts
Whoever gets the next NFL Sunday Ticket deal, hopefully they will do away with Blackouts for fans.
That is something that would run afoul of the agreements with the TV stations that have been broadcasting NFL since long before NFLST was a thing. DO NOT hold your breath.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts