DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directv wants $174 including SuperFan. That's not much of a deal is it?

That would be NFLST.

· Godfather
306 Posts
Eh, it's right around half-price for half the season, so I guess it's not bad.

I'm sure they catch a few people who either didn't have D* before the season started or maybe wanted to see their team this year, now that they are good (ex Saints fans).

It seems like people want the NFLST for next to nothing. It's already the D* loss leader.

And, I am certain they can't legally give it away.

· Icon
685 Posts
I would love to have the NFLST but it is too expensive. I called today about getting just 1 HD game feed this sunday. Can't do just 1 game. $40 for 1 day. And only 9 of the 14 games are HD. I already get 3 of those on the regular channels. Including college football I get about 15 HD games a week anyway.

I prefer to 30 second skip commercials way better than 6x slip. I 60x fast forward halftimes and pregames. My HR10 usually skips but sometimes forgets or resets and jumps to the end of the show. I hate that function. My R15-300 slips only (yuck) and so does the HR20. Bummer. I was gonna get it anyway until I saw all the problems.

Luckily LA still gets all the channels with mpeg2. Time Warner fiber optic cable will be ready here soon so I don't want to start another 2 year commitment with D*. They won't even show the HD feed of the USC game on Fox Sports West saturday and tightwad Murdick owns both! TW probably carries that game in HD.

I also have Dish and their new VIP622 mpeg4 DVR. It has a dedicated 30 second skip right next to the 8 second jump back. 300x fast forward gets me to the end quick if I need to. With the 15 extra Voom channels (beautiful video lousy content) I prefer dish in every way except for NFLST.

For what it's worth the NBA Season Pass has no HD content. When we finally get RSN in HD (maybe next summer) and Versus and Speed channels in HD i'll never complain again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.