DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had no recordings (series links, manual records or autorecords) going after 10pm EDT last night with the exception of the islanders v. ducks game on the Center Ice channels 764-776. as well as a scheduled recording of saturday's islanders v. bruins game (which had no other recordings going on around that time). i went to bed just as the first period was starting so i know it actually started recording the game (isles v. ducks)... but when i woke up this morning it was not in my VOD list. in the history it showed as cancelled, the isles v. bruins game on saturday also showed in the history as cancelled.

i know there was no power outage of any sorts b/c my network would have sent me an email with the timestamps of the power outage.

anyone else have problems recording events on the sports package tiers (ie sunday ticket, mlb:EI, nba league pass, etc...)?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
This is a known problem, there are several posts. When DirectV changes the name of the program (say from "coming soon" to the actual game name only), the HR20 thinks the program has gone away. Since it is such an obvious bug I hope it will be corrected soon.

·
Icon
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... in this case the name of the program didn't change though. i have a keyword search (not an autorecord though, i manually manage it) set up for "new york islanders" with show type "Event" and once or twice a week i look at the results and set it to record the actual game (since the coming soon... type listings are not caught due to the "EVENT" show type set). i highlight the entry associated with the NHL:CI channel listing (ie so as to make sure and not record on one of the RSNs that are blacked out) and press the R button and it is added to the To-Do list. This has worked on all the games I have recorded thus far, just these last two seemed to screw up.

who knows... troubleshooting issues like this on this box seems to be a lost cause. if it manages to record 99% of my primetime Series Links and this is the only shortcoming that i run into i'll be extremely happy.

i just wish the history listings were a bit more descriptive and helpful... i mean if there was a huge thunderstorm last night and the sat signal was out for 30-45minutes... why not include that the recording was cancelled because "Seaching for Signal on Sat1". it can't be that hard to implement something like that.

·
Legend
126 Posts
I've had problems with recordings for sports subscriptions even when the title did not change. For whatever reason, sometimes the HR20, when starting a recording, does not seem to realize you have a subscription. Last week I set a GamePlan college football game to record. I happened to be home and checked the channel that was supposed to be recording a few minutes into the game. It said I did not subscribe. I changed to other GamePlan channels - all worked fine. I stopped the recording and suddently the channel starting working. I was then able to record.

I've had this happen before when I was not home only to find the guide, like in your case, say the recording was "cancelled."

I have not figured a good workaround yet. Manual recordings do not work well on subscriptions.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Same thing happened to me. All the hockey games on 764-776 won't record when programmed to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.