DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the least expensive package that includes the NHL channel? The information on Directv's website is not reliable.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
They changed the minimum package just recently. You now have to go with Choice Ultimate to get NHL Network. A couple months ago, it was Choice Xtra. Also, if you subscribe to NHL Center Ice, you get NHLN during the season with any package.

· Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I have the old Total Choice, that would be $120 per year. At that rate I might as well just get Center Ice next year.

Also, is there any place on DTV's web site which says what else you get with each package, including DVR service, whole home, etc. or do these services result in extra charges in every package?

· Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you also have NHL Center Ice?

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
charlie460 said:
How recently did this change? I'm on Choice Xtra Classic and still getting NHL net.
It changed on Feb 9th. I'm on the same package and since we had it before the change, we are grandfathered on a few channels:

NHL Network
Boomerang
CBS Sports Channel
Chiller
Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

There is a whole thread on this and here is a [link]. The new Choice Xtra does not include NHL network.

· Legend
274 Posts
RACJ2 said:
It changed on Feb 9th. I'm on the same package and since we had it before the change, we are grandfathered on a few channels:

NHL Network
Boomerang
CBS Sports Channel
Chiller
Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

There is a whole thread on this and here is a [link]. The new Choice Xtra does not include NHL network.
Funny - I'm the same as you & get EVERYTHING EXCEPT the NHL. I don't subscribe to CI anymore.....

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
Cyber36 said:
Funny - I'm the same as you & get EVERYTHING EXCEPT the NHL. I don't subscribe to CI anymore.....
Thats strange, because they said the only channel you would lose is Cloo. I have NHL CI, so I'm hoping NHLN doesn't go away, once the NHL CI package ends.

· Godfather
405 Posts
RACJ2 said:

NHL Network
Boomerang
CBS Sports Channel
Chiller
Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

Wow... I was not aware of that. I watch a number of those channels. (NHL, CBS Sports, Tennis Channel) -- will I stay grandfathered into this package indefinitely?

· Legend
174 Posts
charlie460 said:
Wow... I was not aware of that. I watch a number of those channels. (NHL, CBS Sports, Tennis Channel) -- will I stay grandfathered into this package indefinitely?
I was grandfathered in today until I added HBO to my Classic package. Because Classic is no longer offered as a package, I had to change to Choice Extra so I lost NHL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.