DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a loyal fan of NHL Center Ice I have been enjoying the NHL Network. I woke up yesterday to discover it was gone.... No explanations...

I ASSUME it is becuase I'm an old Total Choice customer and the NHL Network isn't included with that. But since it was included with NHL Center Ice and I will be renewing in the fall it would be nice if I could have kept it. If they think I'm going to fork over an extran chunk of change to get channels I will not watch they are mistaken.

All goes to show what loyalty to a pay sports package will get you.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Aren't they moving most of the sports channels up into the 600 range? Maybe they moved NHL Network already..?

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
n3ntj said:
Aren't they moving most of the sports channels up into the 600 range? Maybe they moved NHL Network already..?
No, it hasn't moved. And since I have sports pack, I'm still getting it. I guess that Center Ice subscribers who don't have sports pack don't get it throughout the offseason?

·
Godfather
325 Posts
Peter305, your assumption is right. I have Total Choice and it's not included. Although it seems that they assume if you are buying sports PPV packages, then you probably already have the sports pack. I ran into this when I had ESPN Full Court but missed games on ESPNU because I didn't have the sports pack. I mean it's a college sports package provided by ESPN so shouldn't that include ESPN's own college sports channel? (Sorry to get a bit off topic).

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
I stand corrected.. I just checked and I also still get NHL Network HD on 215. I guess it hasn't moved yet.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
I just got off the phone with D* regarding this issue...this is bull. So even though the press release clearly says Xtra package/above or Center Ice customer, you don't get to keep the channel during the off months. Doesn't make sense that the NHL would deny the NHL Channel from the select customers that would want to watch the channel. I could see the channel getting turned off for those that are not on auto-renewal but if you're set up on your account for '08-'09 season, it should be available.

I don't have the NFL Sunday Ticket subscription but I would image that those that subscribe to that sports package do not lose the NFL Channel after the Superbowl.

If Satelliteracer is seeing this thread, can you look into this issue for us Hockey fans? Thanks, Tom

·
AllStar
56 Posts
trh said:
I don't understand the problem. I'm still getting the NHL network (repeat of a playoff game from 2007 is on right now).
What D* subscription do you have? If you don't have an Xtra subscription then they will eventually shut it down. The customer support person I spoke to said she's been getting a lot of similar calls. She said that she talked to someone that lost the channel two days ago. So it looks like unless you have an Xtra package, f you haven't already lost the channel...you will. Tom

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
TomD said:
What D* subscription do you have? If you don't have an Xtra subscription then they will eventually shut it down.
I have Total Choice Plus and NHL CI. And from DirecTV's press release in Nov 07 when they added this channel, to receive NHL Network, you had to have "CHOICE XTRA and above programming packages, as well as those with a subscription to NHL(R) CENTER ICE(R)."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.