DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Versus has an NHL doubleheader tomorrow nite (10-9). In my guide as well as on the guide on Directv.com, VS/Golf HD channel 604 shows LPGA golf and post game show.

Are they really not going to show the NHL games in HD for upconverted nondescript LPGA coverage?

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
JDogHooey said:
Are they really not going to show the NHL games in HD for upconverted nondescript LPGA coverage?
:nono: Sad Just sad if this is what happens.

I can't believe VS would do that, NHL has been there bread and butter the past 2 years.

· Hall Of Fame
4,922 Posts
Here is what I don't understand - Versus claims all their games are produced in HD. If they share an HD channel and the game won't be shown in HD why spend the extra money to produce it in HD?

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Sirshagg said:
Here is what I don't understand - Versus claims all their games are produced in HD. If they share an HD channel and the game won't be shown in HD why spend the extra money to produce it in HD?
Possibly some Comcast systems show the games on a special channel?

I'll be pretty PO'd if the guide is correct we're stuck with golf on the HD channel. Not at DirecTV -- but PO'd nonetheless.

· Hall Of Fame
4,922 Posts
bwaldron said:
Possibly some Comcast systems show the games on a special channel?

I'll be pretty PO'd if the guide is correct we're stuck with golf on the HD channel. Not at DirecTV -- but PO'd nonetheless.
Yep - opening day - Stanley Cup champs are playing - the game is produced in HD - and we can't see it in HD. PO'd is right!

· AllStar
90 Posts
There are some posts in this thread about this issue - http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=136695

I believe someone stated that golf always has priority with Versus on Thursday regardless of whether the golf is in HD but that NHL games on any other night will be shown in HD. What makes it worse is that the golf on at the same time as NHL is at least the third repeat of the day for the same $#@#& program!

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
I just read an article in USAHockey magazine that said that the NHL Network would be carrying two CBC HNIC games each Saturday night (7pm and 10pm). First I've heard about that. I hope it's true and in HD.

· DINFOS Trained Killer
1,215 Posts
we had this problem during the playoffs but directv always bumped golf for hockey. i wouldn't be shocked if that didn't happen thursday!!

nhl network's sked calls for up to two games on saturday night plus wednesday and thursday (i believe) games as well, some of those games might be double headers. the wednesday night game doesn't begin until november!

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Jimmy 440 said:
VS has no business televising the NHL.They cannot handle the sport properly.I wish the league would understand this and get hockey back with ESPN where it belongs.
Well, I hated the way ESPN handled hockey (I hate a lot of things about ESPN, actually), but given things like this I have to agree. You'd think that given what they invested into the sport as a centerpiece of their channel, things like this wouldn't happen. Sad commentary on where the sport ranks among the general population.

I'd actually be fine without a national contract for the NHL, and have all games on the RSNs and the NHL Network. It would be admitting defeat in a sense, but the ratings for the national games don't make it look like casual sports fans are watching anyway...and we would avoid crap like this.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Sirshagg said:
In the past, Thursday and Friday night Versus games, were simulcast in HD on Mojo HD, even though Versus HD was off air for Golf HD.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Mojo is cable only.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.