DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The National Hockey League will launch a digital network later this year on both U.S. cable and satellite systems as part of renewed carriage agreements for its 'NHL Center Ice' out-of-market package.

Both In Demand L.L.C. and DirecTV Inc. will distribute The NHL Channel, a joint venture between the league and Canadian-based telecommunications companies The Sports Network Inc. and Insight Sports.

While the network airs 24 hours a day in Canada, where it was launched earlier this year, it will run on a more limited basis in the United States, In Demand and DirecTV executives said.

Click Here For Full Story

· Banned
11,498 Posts
I heard about this channel when it first came out, I wish it wouldnt be included in CI, that way E* could add it.

· Icon
622 Posts
I'm sure if E wanted it, the NHL wouldn't say "No, you can't have it." But I doubt E would want to add it.

I read somewhere that it will be on DirecTV for both Center Ice subs and Sports Pack subs, like the NBA.com channel.

· Cool Member
28 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
I heard about this channel when it first came out, I wish it wouldnt be included in CI, that way E* could add it.
The NHL Network on Bell Express Vu is part of the More Sports Package. It is completely separate from NHL Centre Ice. They also sell it as an a-la-carte channel for about 2 bucks a month (US).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.