DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Icon
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not marked in the guide but Drake and Josh is in HD right now. ironically this is exactly a week since i emailed Viacom about the lack of HD content on their networks. With any luck more programs will be spotted in HD! I'll keep everyone posted on what I find. This is the first time I've seen HD on Nick since April!

· Cool Member
11 Posts
QuickDrop said:
Last I heard, there's a lot of zooming and stretching in Cartoon Network's "upgrading" their cartoons to HD.
Well, I just checked Toon HD, and it does look like there's some stretching to it. It's sort of semi-HD if you could call it that. It's definately not true HD. On the other hand, it's not SD either.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Toon is pretty much all stretch. Many of the cartoons don't appear stretched because they are not very realistic but if you compare SD to HD, you see it.

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
Who Dat033 said:
Well, I just checked Toon HD, and it does look like there's some stretching to it. It's sort of semi-HD if you could call it that. It's definately not true HD. On the other hand, it's not SD either.
It's not HD at all, it's stretched SD. 100%. Cartoon Network has never shown anything in HD.

· Icon
324 Posts
Who Dat033 said:
Cartoon Network has all of their cartoons in HD, so I can't understand why Nick can't upgrade their cartoons to HD.
No, Disney and Toon Disney have an extreme amount of cartoons in HD, not all of them but all of the NEW episodes of ALL their cartoons

· AllStar
59 Posts
Jeremy W said:
It's not HD at all, it's stretched SD. 100%. Cartoon Network has never shown anything in HD.
actually some of the Adult Swin cartoons are in HD, I think.......

I am not sure which ones...... that weird show with the guy with glasses is, and some of the cartoons..... at least from my comparisons with the sd channel...or at worst they are widescreen

· Godfather
271 Posts
VeniceDre said:
Not true, New season of Venture Brothers that started 1st week of June is in HD on Adult Swim. You can even download the recent Season 3 eps in HD on Xbox Live.
It might be filmed in HD and shown in HD on other sources like Xbox live but as far as I know it hasn't been shown on Cartoon Network in HD. I know the first episode wasn't, but i haven't checked it since then.

· Hall Of Fame
1,313 Posts
CoachGibbs said:
It might be filmed in HD and shown in HD on other sources like Xbox live but as far as I know it hasn't been shown on Cartoon Network in HD. I know the first episode wasn't, but i haven't checked it since then.
Yeah, it's in HD, if you check the message boards for the show they didn't show the first show in HD by accident. I still have last week show's on a DVR, it's in HD. No stretch, or Stretch O Vision. Check out the new episode tonight or tomorrow night for confirmation.

It looks really good. I don't watch it but my girlfriend loves it.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Jeremy W said:
When is it on? I can't even find the show listed on their website.
According to guide, 11:30pm ET.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Cartoon Network has yet to broadcast a single program in HD. It's harder to tell with cartoons but everything is stretched. I didn't catch last week's Venture Bros live but the week before then it was defiantly stretched. They have produced the third season in HD but until Cartoon Network actually starts airing their programming in HD it will continue to be stretched.

TBS finally started airing HD so one can hope Cartoon Network will follow.

· Legend
139 Posts
ICarly is on in HD right now on Nick HD. Just ending though..They have their HD bug up, definitely HD. Jaw dropping HD at that..

My kids watch this show all the time, never seen it in HD before. My 7 year old actually made this discovery. Shes a happy camper :)

EDIT: The 9:00 showing is not HD. 8:30 def was.

· Hall Of Fame
1,313 Posts
donkeylips said:
ICarly is on in HD right now on Nick HD. Just ending though..They have their HD bug up, definitely HD. Jaw dropping HD at that..

My kids watch this show all the time, never seen it in HD before. My 7 year old actually made this discovery. Shes a happy camper :)

EDIT: The 9:00 showing is not HD. 8:30 def was.
I just compared last week's episode off the DVR and from Xbox Live HD. Cartoon Net is taking the 16x9 image and still stretching, if ever so slightly, hence the black bars on top and bottom. It is so hard to tell with animation eh, still looks better than the last couple of seasons though.

The download off Xbox Live on my 1080p Plasma looks really, really good!

Wow!

Man, she's gonna have to start watching off that.

· Legend
139 Posts
VeniceDre said:
I just compared last week's episode off the DVR and from Xbox Live HD. Cartoon Net is taking the 16x9 image and still stretching, if ever so slightly, hence the black bars on top and bottom. It is so hard to tell with animation eh, still looks better than the last couple of seasons though.

The download off Xbox Live on my 1080p Plasma looks really, really good!

Wow!

Man, she's gonna have to start watching off that.
I think maybe you quoted the wrong post here? I reported seeing Icarly in HD on Nick tonight. No references to anything on Toon...

· Godfather
430 Posts
VeniceDre said:
Yeah, it's in HD, if you check the message boards for the show they didn't show the first show in HD by accident. I still have last week show's on a DVR, it's in HD. No stretch, or Stretch O Vision. Check out the new episode tonight or tomorrow night for confirmation.

It looks really good. I don't watch it but my girlfriend loves it.
I have a series link for Venture and there is no doubt the show was made for HD but CN has yet to show it in HD to my knowledge. They always stretch it with the black bars on the bottom.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.