DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
135 Posts
redfiver said:
This is really annoying that Dish doesn't offer ABC in Santa Cruz. Comcast offers KGO-7 and DirecTV offers KGO-7, but Dish Network doesn't offer it. It can't be some DMA rule since both Comcast and DirecTV are able to offer that channel to that market.
Direct offers ABC distant in Santa Cruz, according to their website. There is no local ABC on Direct for Santa Cruz.

Mitch

·
Legend
135 Posts
redfiver said:
No, you get a localish feed for ABC, not the LA version. From the DirecTV site for a santa cruz zip:

ABC KGO 7
NBC KSBW 8
PBS KCAH 25
FOX KCBA 35
CBS KION 46
UNI KSMS 67

Unfortunately, no HDs. If I still lived in Santa Cruz, I'd 'move' to san jose and get the San Jose DMA stations. Many more stations and includes HD signals for 4 channels.
Hmmm. I cannot get to that page. I get a blank page. But when I put a Santa Cruz address in the DNS search, I get availability of ABC DNS, not the others.

Mitch

·
Legend
135 Posts
redfiver said:
go to directv.com, choose 'Programming' on the left nav menu and choose "Local Channels", type in a Santa Cruz zip, such as 95062, and it will come up with the list.
That is where I get the blank page, even after it is done loading.

Mitch

·
Legend
135 Posts
psnarula said:
i think this guy chose his parent's address because they live in that market.

other people just add a non-existent apartment number to the address of a fast food restaurant. the address you choose doesn't have to exist -- it just has to work in the computer. and the computer only keeps track of acceptable ranges of addresses (much like the postal service).

on some roads, the addresses jump in increments of 10. if you pick an address in the middle that ends with a 5, it'll work in the computer and you'll be assured that you won't conflict with a real subscriber at some real location.
Do they ask for a new tel number when you "move". I guess people just tell them that they did a self install also?

Mitch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.