DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
After KNTV dropped ABC and became the new NBC affiliate in the San Francisco DMA, a special feed of KGO was added to the Monterey/Salinas area cable systems because of syndex. Basically I think the only difference is that it gets blacked out during Regis & Kelly at 9, Oprah at 4, and Jeopardy!/Wheel of Fortune from 7-8pm.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Does anyone know which network is most impacted by this recent court injunction on distant networks?

So far I have heard more feedback on these forums from people that have lost ABC.

One thing for sure is that the American Broadcasting Company is no longer available nationwide.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
All these areas now missing networks like ABC, need to have an approved affiliate for that region so that all customers get an ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox station regardless of where they live. That would also eliminate the need for distant networks and waivers.

I know others who are dealing with this just want an ABC station to watch their favorite shows. Most satellite customers are not familiar with these online forums, Charlie Chat, or any other source that warned them that this distant network shut off was going to happen so it came as a complete surprise when their channels were just gone.

It is frustrating having to use a different provider with some being told yes they qualify while others in the same DMA (that should qualify) don't, then what are they supposed to do? NPS has said they'd submit waivers--waivers to who? If there is no local affiliate in the market, then there is no station to send it to. I can see why people want to "move" or return to cable (where all networks are provided) because it is becoming too much of a hassle just to get the basic broadcast networks!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
psnarula said:
the CSRs don't care. more than likely, they know what you are doing. as long as you are paying for your locals, they have bigger fish to fry.
Shoot some CSRs are overseas at some call center where they are clueless on addresses and things in the US. But like you said they don't care. They just go by whatever locals you address says you can get.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Can viewers in your area pick up KGO over the air with an outside antenna?

It is so ridiculous how on satellite you can only have one network affiliate station yet if you happen to live in an area that picks up two stations of the same network affiliate that is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.