DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got the Platinum HD service with a Vip622 installed and I'm really enjoying it, but I've got no ABC feed! :nono:

I live in Santa Cruz, CA (95062) and when I checked antennaweb dot org, there is no Local affiliate included in my "locals" package. OTA will not work as there is an ~1600' mountain between me and the transmitter. My fiance is going to shoot me if we can't get Grey's Anatomy. Will the recent DNS decision help me? HELP!

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JohnH said:
Just checked and you are in the Monterey/Salinas DMA and there is no ABC.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance to all this as I'm a total newb, but that means what? That there is no way to get any ABC feed?

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, if I do move to my folks house in San Jose, in addition to getting the ABC feed from KGO, the extra bonus would be all the local HD feeds....<scratches chin wondering how long it would take to update programming>

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Haha, thanks Bowlin - all you guys have been really helpful with the info. Had Comcast at the old house with HD service which wasn't too bad. Moved in with the fiancee a few months ago in Capitola, which is only served by Charter. <dear god what jacked up company>

So, since I'm "moving" to San Jose, and just had the install at my billing address in Santa Cruz/Capitola, will I get alot of grief <ie: questioned?> from the CSR when I call to have my service adress changed?

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It really depends on how elaborate of an OTA setup you want to install. I tried the silver sensor and a few other smaller in house solutions and it just didn't cut it for me.

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
psnarula said:
no, they don't ask for a new telephone number. if they happen to ask, just say that you don't have a phone there because you use your cellphone at the vacation home.
Yeah, I was asked about it, and the truth is, we don't have a phone. We're cell all the way.

Paul, trust me, I was not comfortable at first with the "move", but the more I thought about it, the more indifferent I became. There is something inherently wrong with the system when you can't get the basic big three networks outside of a DMA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.