DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I installed my second HR20 yesterday and am having a very strange problem. The problem is that I get no audio only on th HD Locals. I get audio on the SD locals. I also get audio on the other HD channels (i.e. ESPN HD).

I have tried everything, Turn DD off/on, Reset, Reset Everything, Reloaded 0xFA firmware, all to no avail. I also checked the non-toslink outputs, same problem.

It seems like it is a hardware problem or a strange problem with my activation on this device. I did call customer support and they reactivated the device.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for me at this point? I purchased the HR20 from Best Buy. Can someone tell me how the warranty is handled. Do I deal with Best Buy for a replacement of D*? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Todd

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
I had this happen yesterday, but only with one channel (one of the afternoon football games). But it was only one channel with me. I switched to the SD version to make sure it wasn't the station. I got audio on the SD, none on the HD - for the whole game.

Tonight seems normal though...

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Todd, welcome to the forums! :welcome_s

While it doesn't make sense, but since the unit is so new I'd try resetting everything and reformat the disk. It shouldn't help. But you've tried everything I can think of that should help.

Besides, "its only tv sound"...:grin:

Cheers,
Tom

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meklos said:
I had this happen yesterday, but only with one channel (one of the afternoon football games). But it was only one channel with me. I switched to the SD version to make sure it wasn't the station. I got audio on the SD, none on the HD - for the whole game.

Tonight seems normal though...
Thanks Meklos. My has been hose for a two days now. I have the Minneapolis Locals. Kare 11 has no sound. All the other SD locals have sound.

Still wondering who I need to deal with on warranty, Best Buy or D*.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.