DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR20 got into a state this evening where no matter what channel I tune to, there is no audio or video. It was recording Desparate Housewives on the MPEG4 local ABC station (ABC11 in Raleigh) and if I tune to that channel or play the recording from the playlist, it plays fine. The only other channel I could find that would display anything was NBC17 which is also an MPEG4 local. No other HD, SD, or OTA channels that I tried would come in. The HR20 would tune to the channel and display the information bar, but no video or audio. I'm doing a red button reset right now to see if the problem goes away.

The only other thing I noticed is the last time I used the receiver today was this morning and I had tuned to The Weather Channel. When I went to use it again this evening, it was still tuned to The Weather Channel, but the video and audio were missing.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
pgiralt said:
My HR20 got into a state this evening where no matter what channel I tune to, there is no audio or video. It was recording Desparate Housewives on the MPEG4 local ABC station (ABC11 in Raleigh) and if I tune to that channel or play the recording from the playlist, it plays fine. The only other channel I could find that would display anything was NBC17 which is also an MPEG4 local. No other HD, SD, or OTA channels that I tried would come in. The HR20 would tune to the channel and display the information bar, but no video or audio. I'm doing a red button reset right now to see if the problem goes away.

The only other thing I noticed is the last time I used the receiver today was this morning and I had tuned to The Weather Channel. When I went to use it again this evening, it was still tuned to The Weather Channel, but the video and audio were missing.
Yup, sounds like RBR time. The software is completely out of synch with the hardware, I'm guessing.

Did RBR work?

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hdfan01 said:
I've got 108 too, alls ok here. If you have checked your TV source selector, I guess I'd try a red button reset.
All is well after RBR. It's not the TV source selection - I could see all the HR20 menus, play back any items in My Playlist, and even for live channels, I could see the info bar telling me the time and program information if I hit the Info button.

I'm starting to see why 0x108 has not be released nationally :(

·
9 Posts
I, too had the issue of 0x10b locking up to require the RBR to show any audio or video. Here are my circumstances just prior to the lock-up.

was watching KC-SDG on local MPEG-4 NBC (WMAQ 7). Attempted to switch to OTA NBC 7-1. Started searching for satellite signal; when not found after maybe 15-20 seconds, I tried Prev. chan. to go back to regular MPEG-4 local. That's when the live TV locked up. Then NO channel, not even regular satellite channels like FOOD or COM, would show audio or video.

I was able to go to the MyVOD list, but couldn't play anything from it. Then the system became unresponsive to anything. An RBR has it all looking like it's normal again.

-Don

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alansdad said:
I, too had the issue of 0x10b locking up to require the RBR to show any audio or video. Here are my circumstances just prior to the lock-up.

was watching KC-SDG on local MPEG-4 NBC (WMAQ 7). Attempted to switch to OTA NBC 7-1. Started searching for satellite signal; when not found after maybe 15-20 seconds, I tried Prev. chan. to go back to regular MPEG-4 local. That's when the live TV locked up. Then NO channel, not even regular satellite channels like FOOD or COM, would show audio or video.

I was able to go to the MyVOD list, but couldn't play anything from it. Then the system became unresponsive to anything. An RBR has it all looking like it's normal again.

-Don
Your case is a little different because I was actually able to play things in My Playlist.

·
Legend
112 Posts
This is a common "bug" reported by several users, including myself. I had to do a red button reset -- again -- over the weekend to get the HR20 to return audio and video. This issue seems to occur randomly, and is a pain. I did not have this problem until the latest software was downloaded. BTW, is a "soft" reset the same thing as selecting "reset" from the on screen setup menu? And which on-screen reset is equivalent to the red button reset ? I think there are three choices...thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.