DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help...I've lost all control for pause, rew, jump back, ff, etc. for live TV. Basically, the buffer doesn't work. When I hit play, it just shows the time bar with no orange or green (whatever the color is supposed to be) buffer.
All controls seem to work for recorded items. I tried the red reset button a couple of times, also tried a forced update. Still loaded 104B or whatever the old version is.

Thanks...

·
Icon
530 Posts
audispartan said:
Help...I've lost all control for pause, rew, jump back, ff, etc. for live TV. Basically, the buffer doesn't work. When I hit play, it just shows the time bar with no orange or green (whatever the color is supposed to be) buffer.
All controls seem to work for recorded items. I tried the red reset button a couple of times, also tried a forced update. Still loaded 104B or whatever the old version is.

Thanks...
When mine did this, unplugging and reboot worked (after plugging back in of course):)

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
qwerty said:
Can you still record? It's rare, but people have reported losing their DVR functions. Call D* and have them resend the DVR authorization.
Good point. I tried to record ESPNEWS, but it stopped and then was stuck for some reason in "to do".

Also, call a CSR or technical rep?

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mikewolf13 said:
When mine did this, unplugging and reboot worked (after plugging back in of course):)
I've already tried unplugging once and doing a red reset press at least twice. Tried both forcing and not forcing a new softwar download. And I'm not quite to the level of where I want to do a total reset and lose all my Xmas recordings....

·
Super Moderator
12,886 Posts
audispartan said:
Also, call a CSR or technical rep?
Note that DirecTV just added a place on their website where you can have programming authorizations resent to your receivers without talking to anyone. This should resend DVR authorization. You can select a single receiver, or multiples on your account up to all receivers.

Carl

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
I had the same problem.It was an on/off situation. Sometimes it worked,sometimes it didn't. It started at the end of november. I first noticed that some recordings were a minute,and other shows that were supposed to be an hour,were 30 minutes. Even had black recordings. I then noticed that i could not pause live tv,thus no active buffer. I called tech support today. They told me to basically to reset everything and do a few setup options via the phone with them. they said cleaning out (resetting) was to remove possible corrupt objects in the system. I only spent 15 minutes and things were great. Even noticed that the Active channel has been given a new look. They said that they've been getting calls about people having recording problems. They said that an update is supposed to come at end of month or start of year. They made me do an update,but the old one (8-29-06) is the one that showed up. As of now,everything is fine.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DukeBX said:
I had the same problem.It was an on/off situation. Sometimes it worked,sometimes it didn't. It started at the end of november. I first noticed that some recordings were a minute,and other shows that were supposed to be an hour,were 30 minutes. Even had black recordings. I then noticed that i could not pause live tv,thus no active buffer. I called tech support today. They told me to basically to reset everything and do a few setup options via the phone with them. they said cleaning out (resetting) was to remove possible corrupt objects in the system. I only spent 15 minutes and things were great. Even noticed that the Active channel has been given a new look. They said that they've been getting calls about people having recording problems. They said that an update is supposed to come at end of month or start of year. They made me do an update,but the old one (8-29-06) is the one that showed up. As of now,everything is fine.
So you lost all of your recordings with the reset? I really don't want to lose my Xmas stuff just yet...:mad:

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol:
What a shock.... Everything seems to be working again now! :lol:

I still have 104B as the software, but it will now pause, rw, etc. in live TV. We'll see what happens when the sun comes up!

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
audispartan said:
So you lost all of your recordings with the reset? I really don't want to lose my Xmas stuff just yet...:mad:
Wel, I had a few things recorded. It was nothing that I would be upset over. It was either fix it now, or continue with the problems. I picked to fixed it now. I know a few people who record christmas stuff and save it to watch on xmas day. Cool. I also wanted to fix it now because I like to have a few shows/movies recorded,so I can have them when the rain effects my reception. I'll have something to watch. :)

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AND....... We're back to crap. :mad:
Locked up on me 3 times, missed 3 recordings, and won't do live buffering anymore. I still have 104B, could the new software roll out be affecting it?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
carl6 said:
Note that DirecTV just added a place on their website where you can have programming authorizations resent to your receivers without talking to anyone. This should resend DVR authorization. You can select a single receiver, or multiples on your account up to all receivers.

Carl
OK, where is the page where you can do this? I looked all over.

·
Godfather
463 Posts
Hm. All I can find is the usual 'call us' or 'unplug your receiver'. The only link is for renewing expired programming packages. Is this really on the website?

I *wish* you could do this sort of thing online. I hate calling them, especially with the new system where you have to 'speak' everything. I usually have to try several variations ('reset receivers', whatever) and sometimes just speak garbage until it gives up and gets me a person. Systems that don't give you a choice to press buttons really slow things down. (Note I said 'choice'... I know some people hate menus, also! :) )

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
leesweet said:
Hm. All I can find is the usual 'call us' or 'unplug your receiver'. The only link is for renewing expired programming packages. Is this really on the website?

I *wish* you could do this sort of thing online. I hate calling them, especially with the new system where you have to 'speak' everything. I usually have to try several variations ('reset receivers', whatever) and sometimes just speak garbage until it gives up and gets me a person. Systems that don't give you a choice to press buttons really slow things down. (Note I said 'choice'... I know some people hate menus, also! :) )
Resend Authorization

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
DirecTV does hide the link I posted under a few menus. I found it by clicking
Troubleshooting under Upgrade Equipment or the Customer Service menu, then Channel Trouble followed by Missing Channels.

Located on the last page is this sentence.
Finally, try resetting the affected receiver by clicking here.

·
Godfather
463 Posts
Ah, found it! Now, that's cool! I spent 15 minutes on their voice menus getting it to reset a box and I thought it didn't and had someone resend the reset to get locals back last week.

Having the website do it is great. Thanks for the detailed instructions, and I'll be sure to pass that along. I wonder why they hide it so far down? Don't want people re-auth'ing boxes all the time? Because, as we see here, channels missing isn't the only issue it fixes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.