DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV has indicated (email) that they can't offer Coyotes coverage from Fox AZ on Sports Pack to NM residents due to unspecified costs, thus will black out broadcasts and, because NM is Coyotes broadcast territory, will also black out Center Ice coverage, thus leaving NM in the dark for Coyotes viewing. This could spill over into many other markets with similar circumstances. Has anyone else experienced this communication from DirecTV?:mad:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,828 Posts
Nick said:
Hockey in NM just seems unnatural. :grin:
One could say that about Southern California as well.

Yet we grabbed 2 out of the last 5 Stanley Cups. (Ducks - 2007, Kings - 2012)

·
Icon
748 Posts
Nick said:
Hockey in NM just seems unnatural. :grin:
I used to live in Albuquerque and hockey has always been alive and well there. I remember playing pickup games of street hockey on the UNM quad back in the '90s and a friend of mine near there has kids enrolled in ice hockey and there are tournaments all over the state. Hockey does exist outside of the northern U.S. although I'm sure the Coyotes will move in the next couple of years so the original poster of this topic will be able to see the Seattle/Quebec Coyotes again soon enough.

·
Godfather
440 Posts
A long time ago we got a letter from Directv saying that we would no longer receive FSN Southwest broadcasts of the Rockets, Mavericks and Spurs (all 3 were on that station) here in Louisiana. As a result, we were blacked out of any Texas teams games, as well as the Hornets. And the Hornets were carried by CST, which has never had carriage with DirecTV, so NBA LP was almost useless with up to 4 games blacked out on a given night.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
trh said:
Now I understand why GA has lost two NHL hockey teams. :)
What??? Hot & humid Georgia had NHL hockey teams? I thought those were uniformed freestyle swim teams! :p

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
paakoridge said:
DirecTV has indicated (email) that they can't offer Coyotes coverage from Fox AZ on Sports Pack to NM residents due to unspecified costs, thus will black out broadcasts and, because NM is Coyotes broadcast territory, will also black out Center Ice coverage, thus leaving NM in the dark for Coyotes viewing. This could spill over into many other markets with similar circumstances. Has anyone else experienced this communication from DirecTV?:mad:
Actually, not entirely accurate. In SOME zip codes in New Mexico there will not be games but not all of New Mexico.

·
Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Satelliteracer said:
Actually, not entirely accurate. In SOME zip codes in New Mexico there will not be games but not all of New Mexico.
Where, Hidalgo county? Certainly not where I live, near Albuquerque, with half the state's population, and probably everything North, so it's essentially the bulk of NM.

·
8 Posts
I live in Benton, KY (far western part of the state), and got the same email saying I'll no longer get Memphis or Indiana in the NBA, and Nashville in the NHL. Memphis and Indiana are also blacked out in NBA League Pass too.

I still get the Columbus Blue Jackets even though I'm 120 miles from Nashville and 420 miles from Columbus.

Does anybody know if these new rules will affect MLB next year? If they take the Cardinals away, then I'll have to switch providers.

·
Godfather
513 Posts
DIRECTV sounds like they are going in Dish mode with the hosing in-market fans and sports fans in general. Oh, you live in western Kentucky, have League Pass, and want to watch the Pacers and Heat game that is being carried on FS Indiana, Sun Sports and NBA TV? Sorry, blacked out on all of the above.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.