DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know DTV gets their guide data from Zap2it but June 19th - Deadliest Catch and June 20th - American Guns both have 12 hour marathons. The guide data is generic and therefore my HR34 has them listed to record.

Is there anything to do besides manually selecting each upcoming recording and cancel each one seperately? Wish there was an easier way to do that via my ipad but no luck.

Any place on zap2it to complain and ask them to properly enter the episode information?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,050 Posts
Give the unit time. I'm willing to bet by the 19th and 20th it will have it all sorted out.

This kind of thing happens all the time for me with shows like Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Or whatever they are calling themselves now) and South Park. I look one day and see like 20 episodes of each set to record but when it comes down to it only 1 episode is recorded, if any.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,971 Posts
RunnerFL said:
Give the unit time. I'm willing to bet by the 19th and 20th it will have it all sorted out.

This kind of thing happens all the time for me with shows like Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Or whatever they are calling themselves now) and South Park. I look one day and see like 20 episodes of each set to record but when it comes down to it only 1 episode is recorded, if any.
I am seeing this downstream with some Spiderman marathons. Typically as the day gets closer, the data gets put into the stream and it cleans itself out. If it doesn't, then the worst that can happen is that you exceed your series limit to record or you have a conflict. So, check a day or so out, not ten to fourteen days.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds reasonable. I was just worried as I would be on vacation during that time period and if a legit showing came on, it would be wiped out by the reruns since I only keep 5 episodes of each showing. Thanks.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,971 Posts
rdw6 said:
Sounds reasonable. I was just worried as I would be on vacation during that time period and if a legit showing came on, it would be wiped out by the reruns since I only keep 5 episodes of each showing. Thanks.
If the data does not update, then that is a possibility. Removing them from the To Do List may not work as they may show up again (especially if you get two reboots that reloads the guide data). If you are truly concerned, set those shows to save all episodes while you are away.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,344 Posts
I had this problem with The Daily Show. You could try a boolean recording, putting a word from the generic description that won't appear in a description for a new episode.

Something like ttitle deadliest catch nnot fishermen cchans 278

Replace fishermen with the appropriate word. I do record it and haven't had this happen that bad, though I do get the episodes where they show tweets and such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,050 Posts
dpeters11 said:
I had this problem with The Daily Show. You could try a boolean recording, putting a word from the generic description that won't appear in a description for a new episode.

Something like ttitle deadliest catch nnot fishermen cchans 278

Replace fishermen with the appropriate word. I do record it and haven't had this happen that bad, though I do get the episodes where they show tweets and such.
With "Deadliest Catch" there's no need to go through the motions to setup a boolean search. The standard SL works itself out in the end every time.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
290 Posts
dpeters11 said:
I had this problem with The Daily Show. You could try a boolean recording, putting a word from the generic description that won't appear in a description for a new episode.

Something like ttitle deadliest catch nnot fishermen cchans 278

Replace fishermen with the appropriate word. I do record it and haven't had this happen that bad, though I do get the episodes where they show tweets and such.
I came on here looking to find an answer as to why every Friday my HR** units record Deadliest Catch as a new episode with an original air date. This is of course after the normal Tuesday new episode. I just noticed the tweets you're talking about. So this is really just the same episode with tweets integrated into the show?

If so, not very happy the DVR is showing it as an original air date new episode.
 

·
DaBears
Joined
·
6,085 Posts
Mark L said:
I came on here looking to find an answer as to why every Friday my HR** units record Deadliest Catch as a new episode with an original air date. This is of course after the normal Tuesday new episode. I just noticed the tweets you're talking about. So this is really just the same episode with tweets integrated into the show?

If so, not very happy the DVR is showing it as an original air date new episode.
Yes the "Social Reload" versions are considered new episodes because they can have different footage in there as well as the social media aspects. I usually just delete them.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top