DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not receiving local channels at all. Do I have a satellite issue?

I have great readings (90's) on the 101,110,&119 satellites. No signal on the 99 satellite and 90's on the 103 satellite. I have on local channels at all. Help please.

·
Legend
115 Posts
Gordoinaz said:
I'm not receiving local channels at all. Do I have a satellite issue?

I have great readings (90's) on the 101,110,&119 satellites. No signal on the 99 satellite and 90's on the 103 satellite. I have on local channels at all. Help please.
It is not at all abnormal to have zero reading on the 99 satalite this is normal. Try going through the guided setup again to refresh your receiver settings. You can also log onto your account at www.directv.com and also go through some trouble shooting steps there as well. If that doesn't work call cust support.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

What's confusing me is that I don't even get the local channels in the guide. the lowest channel I receive is channel 80. If i had a satellite alignment problem, shouldn't I at lease be able to see my local channels in the guide menu?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
The fact that you don't see your local channels in your Guide is a clue that your Receiver has lost its authorization for local channels. First try resetting/rebooting your Receiver (disconnect power, wait 30-sec, reconnect power). If that doesn't bring them back, then the easiest solution is to call DirecTV and ask them to "rehit" or "resend my local channel authorizations". They'll know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
You can now resend your authorizations yourself from the DirecTV website. You don't need to wait on hold for a CSR to do it. The option is under troubleshooting section someplace.

If you do use the on-line process, it may take a few minutes for the local channels to come back up. If you don't have them after about 15 minutes, then play the phone on hold game for a CSR.

Carl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.