DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 193 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,619 Posts
Negative to both. Look at the model number in my link- AFB0512LB and a 4 PIN connector. Stick with that exact type and that link I shared appears to have the correct length of the leads.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,619 Posts
Got it. Thx. Ordered the one you said. Also trying the external fan. Temp was like 140. Is now under 100. This is bs that they will not replace or allow multiple genies.
I've been replacing fans on my DVR's starting with the problematic HR24-100's since like 2013 now. I have backup fans for each model DVR I have including the 54.

It's just so much easier than going through the ATT CSR mess and days of downtime on that DVR. Plus, I never lose any of my recordings, especially since I'm using using 1 and 2 TB SSD drives. I know others here roll differently, but every household is different.

Reactions: Rich

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
We missed the 6th anniversary. AT&T closed the deal to buy DIRECTV on July 24th, 2015.

DIRECTV shareholders got 1.892 shares of AT&T stock plus $28.50 for each share of old DIRECTV stock.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,709 Posts
HDD in the HR-24 in our bedroom died.
A month ago I started having trouble with one of the HR24's.
I had an HR24 die on me this past week.
Must be a full moon. My HR24 started over heating and restarting
Weird… my HR24-100 just went belly up.
think I smell my 24 overheating as we speak. lol
Dang, something strange is going on…………is AT&T sending out a code to kill off the HR24's?

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So an update to my saga. I look on my account yesterday and check my order status for my tech appointment on August 11th. It says it was cancelled on July 29th!!! I immediately called them and gave the guy that answered the phone an earfull. He was going back and forth with his supervisor. Then they transferred me to the "tech department". Now had to start over and explain everything for like the 8th time. She seemed like she had more of a clue than the other people I've dealt with so I had some home. So, since I have a replacement HR-24 that they sent me sitting here doing nothing, I asked her if it can be activated. She says sure it can. ;) So first we go thru all the serial numbers & card numbers of all the equipment I have, which was good because they had wrong and old stuff listed on my account. Then I hook up the replacement HR24 again and we try to activate it. She's trying anything she can think of but the system keeps coming back with an error. Apparently it is true they won't activate stand alone DVR's along side Genie's anymore. The system won't let them.

So now I'm back to having to get a Mini now. Except this time she asks me if I want to install the mini myself, she'd just ship it to me?! Of course I said yes and I asked her why, a month ago when this all started, that guy said I couldn't install the mini and that a tech had to come out?? She didn't have an answer for that. Ok, they're shipping me a mini now. I then made her go through all the serial and card numbers of my equipment to verify what should be on my account and also the info on the two HR-24's I have to send back (the broken one and the new one they sent me). And explained to her that I got a letter in the snail mail saying I had to return an HR-24-100 and that model number and serial number don't match any piece of equipment I have. She tried to look up the S/N and couldn't find it anywhere. o_O

I dropped the two HR-24's I had at the UPS Store today and I just got two text messages from AT&T, with two different FedEx tracking numbers, of packages to be delivered to me tomorrow. Going to be interesting to see what show's up. ;) I've never dealt with such incompetence before, lol. Going to be interesting to see what happens going forward now that that D* is sold again...

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
If your Account was moved to AT&T from D*TV --Nothing for those will change --

Notably, any pay-TV customers that are now part of the new DirecTV will continue to get any bundled wireless, Internet or HBO Max services as well as associated discounts. Those customers will need to take no action, DirecTV said.

link to full Story : DirecTV separates from AT&T, unveils 'DirecTV Stream' brand | Light Reading

Only way to escape --Is Wait and see What the "NEW" Stand alone D*TV offers for New Customers ---Then Cancel your CURRENT AT&T Service and sign up for the "NEW" D*TV if that strikes your fancy

Reactions: Bitterman

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Well, I called retention, gave them my 4 digit account number and told them I wanted to reactivate service. She verified the account, the password, and the owned equipment on the account, and said it would be possible to reactivate service but she couldnt do it, and transferred me to the "welcome back" department, which of course was in India or the Phillippines and of course, promptly disconnected me half way through providing my information. Calling back to 800-Directv and I get another off shore. Asked for a US rep, they said there is no way to talk to a US rep. So, once again, I am without Directv service. These people really just need to go out of business and shoot their satellites into deep space.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
So I was eagerly waiting for me Genie Mini delivery today. I get home, open the box, and these incompetent a$$holes sent me yet another HR-24...that they won't activate!!! So I call yet again and say you sent me the wrong device. Now this person says "well since it's a replacement they automatically send you the same thing you had"!! I spent an hour on the phone with somebody Monday, supposedly everything was good and she was sending me a mini! I mean holy crap!!

So now this person tells me they can send me a genie Mini... But it's considered an "upgrade", even though I'm actually losing two tuners to record on! And that would trigger a two year contract! So I say you're basically forcing somebody into a two year contract or else i go down to two TV's?!?! Wouldn't budge!

Guess it's time to call retention. I'm currently getting $35 off a month for another year but if they want me to sign up for another two they better cut out another good chunk of the bill. Unreal!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 193 Posts