DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I have had a HR44-200 Since 2014 and it still working well --with it's same Hard drive -I have a Hr22-100 form 2009 that is still recording and playing on the same hard drive as day one. I contribute that fact to them have been Connected to Battery Backups since they arrived

The only way to get a HR54 is to request 4k Service --That's why you did not get one NO MATTER what they told you to get you off the phone.
Yep, I'm a Sys Admin at my job and every computer and monitor is on a UPS. Same at my house, all computers and receivers. Brown outs and quick power blips kill electronics!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Yep, I'm a Sys Admin at my job and every computer and monitor is on a UPS. Same at my house, all computers and receivers. Brown outs and quick power blips kill electronics!

Yep--mine as well

Reactions: Bitterman

·
Mentor
94 Posts
I must me a lucky guy. I just deactivated an old HR21 and activated an HR-24. It was a refurbished unit I got "from a guy". I was concerned they would not activate it because it did not come from Directv..... Called the number on the sticker and all went very smooth....

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I must me a lucky guy. I just deactivated an old HR21 and activated an HR-24. It was a refurbished unit I got "from a guy". I was concerned they would not activate it because it did not come from Directv..... Called the number on the sticker and all went very smooth....
But do you also have a genie? That's what's screwing me up. They're still activating stand alone HR-24's I believe.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Are you on a D*TV Account ---or a AT&T account --(meaning) was your account moved to AT&T when they bought it 2015?

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
My account is DTV..
As I was told by a DirecTV higher-up a couple weeks ago, being on Legacy billing and having a HR54 with dual tuner receivers like I have, gets your foot in the door for the ability to still activate HR24's on the account, rather than only mini's. If you have HS17, that's obvious you only get mini's, and if you're on ATT billing, you are screwed too- only mini's will be activated.

Reactions: Rich

·
Mentor
94 Posts
As I was told by a DirecTV higher-up a couple weeks ago, being on Legacy billing and having a HR54 with dual tuner receivers like I have, gets your foot in the door for the ability to still activate HR24's on the account, rather than only mini's. If you have HS17, that's obvious you only get mini's, and if you're on ATT billing, you are screwed too- only mini's will be activated.
Well my experience this week confirms that. Not sure what the difference is? I am happy my account has never been converted. I heard they stopped converting to ATT accounts a while back. Wonder what will happen now that ATT in not part of the new DirectTV? I don't have any minis on my account and would rather not have any if I can help it.... On a side note I just saw your signature... Do you really have 15 receivers on your account? That is crazy!

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
Technically 15 Plus a 4K mini, but the first one is free. :)

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
Your bill must be crazy high.. I thought accounts were limited to 8 to 10 receivers?
Not at all the case. My brother has over 12 on his DirecTV account.

I posted this early last year after a friendly call to DirecTV....

CSR's at times joke how many I have, but one CSR said I don't have anything close to what Mark Attanasio has (owner of a certain MLB team)- CSR said he had over 50 IRD's on his account!

·
Legend
288 Posts
Resurrecting a old thread. Long time Directv customer 20+ year. My account is with Directv not ATT. My set up is 2 HR24s and a HR44 Genie. The HR24-200 started smoking last week and died. Called for a replacement and was told they would replace like for like so another HR24, so I think all is well. Replacement shows up today and it’s a mini genie. Several calls to different numbers departments ultimately get the same answer, they are no longer shipping replacement HR24s.
I am not happy to hear this. Anyone have any luck getting a HR24 recently. I wasn’t impressed with a mini genie I had years ago. Are they responsive, dual buffers, live buffers like the HR24? I know they use the Genie tuners.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
The current info is, or at least was, that you can still get an HR24 if your account is DirecTV so that info must have changed recently if they are telling you that you can no longer get an HR24. Bummer.

·
Legend
288 Posts
The current info is, or at least was, that you can still get an HR24 if your account is DirecTV so that info must have changed recently if they are telling you that you can no longer get an HR24. Bummer.
Thanks for the reply. All my bills are from Directv. One call gave me a choice of providers, no luck. At one point they transferred me to legacy department, still no luck. Any magic number to try?

·
Legend
288 Posts
I contacted the office of the president and the HR24s are phased out. It might be possible to buy one from Solid Signal but they couldn’t guarantee activation would occur. And that would add a two year commitment.

So today I finally got a competent customer service rep who got the mini genie activated. Yesterday I tried to get it activated and went through pitiful untrained customer service rep who waisted my time for over a hour. He kept repeating the same script ignoring my suggestion that ultimately turned out to be the hold up that today’s rep quickly recognized.

Ultimately the experience has me looking for what might be another option if my remaining HR24 dies and the mini genie proves unsatisfactory.

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
I contacted the office of the president and the HR24s are phased out. It might be possible to buy one from Solid Signal but they couldn’t guarantee activation would occur. And that would add a two year commitment.

So today I finally got a competent customer service rep who got the mini genie activated. Yesterday I tried to get it activated and went through pitiful untrained customer service rep who waisted my time for over a hour. He kept repeating the same script ignoring my suggestion that ultimately turned out to be the hold up that today’s rep quickly recognized.

Ultimately the experience has me looking for what might be another option if my remaining HR24 dies and the mini genie proves unsatisfactory.
If you purchase from Solid Signal, they will get it activated for you, or they won't sell it to you. It is a safe bet to at least try with them. However, if you have already moved forward with a Genie and mini, you won't be unhappy with it.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Resurrecting a old thread. Long time Directv customer 20+ year. My account is with Directv not ATT. My set up is 2 HR24s and a HR44 Genie. The HR24-200 started smoking last week and died. Called for a replacement and was told they would replace like for like so another HR24, so I think all is well. Replacement shows up today and it’s a mini genie. Several calls to different numbers departments ultimately get the same answer, they are no longer shipping replacement HR24s.
I am not happy to hear this. Anyone have any luck getting a HR24 recently. I wasn’t impressed with a mini genie I had years ago. Are they responsive, dual buffers, live buffers like the HR24? I know they use the Genie tuners.
After a few months now with the mini I was basically forced into, lol, I can say I really haven't had any problems with it. Responsive, has double play, etc.,. Only thing I dislike is I lost two+ tuners compared to my previous setup.

·
Legend
288 Posts
After a few months now with the mini I was basically forced into, lol, I can say I really haven't had any problems with it. Responsive, has double play, etc.,. Only thing I dislike is I lost two+ tuners compared to my previous setup.

Appreciate you sharing that. Hopefully my experience will be the same.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts