DBSTalk Forum banner
141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,731 Posts
So it sounds like you'll be forced into a 2 year contract if you just have a single HR-24? Not sure I would do that......
I'm self-installing, no truck roll. I'll be getting STMax for the 2022 season so I'm not going anywhere for the next year.

Commitment-
12 months for existing customers who elect to have new or upgraded Leased Equipment shipped to them.
24 months for all new customers, existing customers, and Movers Customers who upgrade to Leased Equipment that involves professional installation.

I will also add that since there's no chance of me getting a HD receiver or HD-DVR for a PP upgrade in two years, I will be cancelling the basic PP shortly. I can fix all my DVR's (with the exception of a motherboard failure)- I have plenty of parts and there's plenty online if I need any more. I have enough receivers anyways (I think, Lol...). That will save me $9.44/mth or $113 and change per year. Before I do that, I'm going to load up on some free remote controls from DirecTV PP while I still have it.

Reactions: WestDC and 242424

·
Registered
92 Posts
They could not activate the HR24 they sent me either, and this was almost 6 or 8 months ago. They ended up just allowing me to cancel my contract and return my Genie, and start streaming ATT TV instead. I have two HR24s, 3 H24s, and 1 H25 in a box, just wishing ATT was going to get rid of DirecTv to a company that cared about customers, but doesnt look like it will happen in my lifetime.
LOL thats really funny that Directv is seperated during the posting of this. Love it. not in my lifetime, happens the next month.....anyhow theres no att tv anymore and made stream identical to directv lineup again minus NFL ST

·
Hall Of Fame
5,238 Posts
LOL thats really funny that Directv is seperated during the posting of this. Love it. not in my lifetime, happens the next month.....anyhow theres no att tv anymore and made stream identical to directv lineup again minus NFL ST
Stream/ATT TV has had a similar line up to the Sat Service for over 2 years now

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,731 Posts
take the hdd out of the hr24 they sent you, or in my case i have genies all over the place i cant use and they are bigger, and let if format.

Good to go!!!
What the…..what??

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,731 Posts
whats so hard to understand, put a new hard drive in, hes got one in the one they sent him. Its easier than dealing with directv re replacement, and now that a new one cant be activated it solves the problem completely. Oh no....dont break the warranty seal on the boxes that are all decommissioned. LOL
I was trying to figure out who you were responding to, as this thread is six months old now (you arrived a little late to the party).

As the 24’s run super slow with stock 500G HDD’s as it is, throwing a 1 or 2TB HDD will magnify the slowness and remote response and is not a good recommendation. Trust me, I’m living proof to this day doing that.

It’s already been suggested the OP use a SSD with his 24 which would be a big benefit, and not deal with DirecTV as they are ONLY sending out Genies and Mini’s now as replacements- period.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,731 Posts
If you purchase from Solid Signal, they will get it activated for you, or they won't sell it to you. It is a safe bet to at least try with them. However, if you have already moved forward with a Genie and mini, you won't be unhappy with it.
When I was on the phone with Loyalty CSR last Sunday to cash in on my PP free upgrade (See my full post from earlier), I ordered the HR24 for residential account from SS and the DirecTV CSR immediately credited my account the entire cost and put notes in the system to activate receiver once it arrived several days later.

I got an email Monday morning from Signal Connect saying HR24’s are ‘discontinued from my account’ (had 13 of them still active) but they could get me a H24 for $99 and they would charge me another $149 for activation.

I called the guy right away and explained my Sunday experience with DirecTV CSR and the credit and notes in the system on my account. He agreed to ship anyways and complete the order knowing I would be calling DirecTV to activate, which they did via my chat (iMessage) with them on Thursday last week.

So it worked, but not without a couple bumps in the road. I’m not sure what SS would have charged me if they did the activation after the $220 cost for the HR24 and shipping, but I would assume at least another $149 based on their estimate to activate a H24 receiver. I’m also not sure why an H24 was available and suddenly not a HR24 (still advertised at their website) when both IRD’s are not available anymore for residential accounts at DirecTV.

·
Icon
1,737 Posts
When I was on the phone with Loyalty CSR last Sunday to cash in on my PP free upgrade (See my full post from earlier), I ordered the HR24 for residential account from SS and the DirecTV CSR immediately credited my account the entire cost and put notes in the system to activate receiver once it arrived several days later.

I got an email Monday morning from Signal Connect saying HR24’s are ‘discontinued from my account’ (had 13 of them still active) but they could get me a H24 for $99 and they would charge me another $149 for activation.

I called the guy right away and explained my Sunday experience with DirecTV CSR and the credit and notes in the system on my account. He agreed to ship anyways and complete the order knowing I would be calling DirecTV to activate, which they did via my chat (iMessage) with them on Thursday last week.

So it worked, but not without a couple bumps in the road. I’m not sure what SS would have charged me if they did the activation after the $220 cost for the HR24 and shipping, but I would assume at least another $149 based on their estimate to activate a H24 receiver. I’m also not sure why an H24 was available and suddenly not a HR24 (still advertised at their website) when both IRD’s are not available anymore for residential accounts at DirecTV.

So you got it activated?

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,731 Posts
So you got it activated?
Yes I did, and believe it or not it got activated via chat with DirecTV so I didn’t have to call in on phone. They saw the notes on my account from the previous Sunday. I just had to provide the RID and access card number.

The one I received from SS was a HR24-200. I was surprised to see it was reconditioned on 3/22/2021 and when I opened it up, there was a new 500GB Seagate HDD installed with manufacture date of 3/8/2021. There was not one of those tamper stickers either, like they used to put on in the past. That’s the first reconditioned HR24 I ever received with a new HDD installed in all my years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wrong. When ATT TV launched it launched with a very similar line up to now and that of Sat. It was only different when it was Directv now
I couldnt sell anyone att tv now when it launched, it was missing all the sports channels. I know this because we were the first to get the ATT boxes for demo. No sports on it. Then they changed it later with all sports channels like now.

·
Icon
1,737 Posts
Yes I did, and believe it or not it got activated via chat with DirecTV so I didn’t have to call in on phone. They saw the notes on my account from the previous Sunday. I just had to provide the RID and access card number.

The one I received from SS was a HR24-200. I was surprised to see it was reconditioned on 3/22/2021 and when I opened it up, there was a new 500GB Seagate HDD installed with manufacture date of 3/8/2021. There was not one of those tamper stickers either, like they used to put on in the past. That’s the first reconditioned HR24 I ever received with a new HDD installed in all my years.
Well good job I guess. Not sure why you wanted old equipment so badly you went through all that. Eventually streaming and satellite will be combined but not on those old 24s!

141 - 160 of 194 Posts