DBSTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Legend
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tuned in to Channel 207 and found out that CNBC World is no longer available on Dish Network.

Any thoughts?

Maybe BBC World News or CNN International might eventually take over that channel.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Chihuahua said:
I tuned in to Channel 207 and found out that CNBC World is no longer available on Dish Network.

Any thoughts?

Maybe BBC World News or CNN International might eventually take over that channel.
At least we did not lose an HD channel,maybe the reason it's gone will be to make room to add a different channel and it will be in HD,I can only hope?.;)

·
Know Nothing
6,270 Posts
Hasn't it been gone for a while? It seems like they were only running Scam-O-Mercials and repeats from other channels lately.

·
Legend
388 Posts
i bet this has carriage dispute written on it.

598 Posts
Unfortunately, this channel is no longer available on DISH Network. This decision was made to allow room to launch other valued programming. You can find similar programming content on CNBC, Channel 208 in SD and 9439 in HD, as well as on Bloomberg, Channel 203 in SD and 9503 in HD.

·
Know Nothing
6,270 Posts
What does that have to do with world news?

I can see taking down a news channel to provide a different one of equal or better quality.

I can't see taking down a news channel to provide yet another movie channel running repeats of what is run on a half dozen other movie channels.

598 Posts
SayWhat? said:
What does that have to do with world news?

I can see taking down a news channel to provide a different one of equal or better quality.

I can't see taking down a news channel to provide yet another movie channel running repeats of what is run on a half dozen other movie channels.
We do not have any information if we will be launching another news channel that will replace CNBC World.

·
Super Moderator
53,717 Posts
RT launched not long ago (channel 280). It is kind of a world news channel. (It is also kind of a Russian version of FSTV, but that is another topic. :))

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
Chihuahua said:

Any thoughts?

Hopefully CNN International will be on 207.

·
Super Moderator
53,717 Posts
Paul Secic said:
Hopefully CNN International will be on 207.
201 would be better ... then one could just arrow to it from the other CNNs.

·
Know Nothing
6,270 Posts
^^ Just curious if that has ever accomplished anything.

Or is it kind of like "The check is in the mail" ?

·
Icon
835 Posts
What? No one upset about losing CNBC World (not that I am upset)? I thought that someone would have posted an angry post saying they will switch to another provider by now.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
[email protected] Network said:
Unfortunately, this channel is no longer available on DISH Network. This decision was made to allow room to launch other valued programming. You can find similar programming content on CNBC, Channel 208 in SD and 9439 in HD, as well as on Bloomberg, Channel 203 in SD and 9503 in HD.
You forgot FOX Bushiness Channel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.